They accepted my proposal!

I got an offer to bid on a job for a doctor’s office. I have done plenty of freelance work before, but never without going through an agency of some sort. This was the first one that I’ve ever had to actually bid on myself.

Now time is at a very high premium for me - accepting this bid would mean sacrificing the next month or so of weekends to get this job done on time, so I bid high - I figured if they didn’t accept mine, then it wasn’t a huge loss, but I was going to kill my weekends for a month for chump change. So I bid higher than I normally would have.

They emailed me saying that they would get back to me in a week, and I took that as a less-than-good sign.

But today I got an email saying that they’d accepted it, and would like to begin the project!

Wooo hoo!

Sorry, just had to share that with someone :smiley:

Congratulations. And good luck!

Congratulations!!
Are you building it, wiring it and setting it up with servers, decorating it, or what?

Congrats! But what is it you’re doing?

Congratulations!

I have to ask, too: What are you doing for your client?

Thanks, everyone :slight_smile:

I’m developing a small database for their transcriptionists - the software they were using is no longer being supported by the company that produced it, and they don’t want to make the step up to an entirely new system, so I’m designing a customized system that will do what they need. (And I’ll support it afterwards, I guess that’s the big selling point there :wink: )

Although decorating it could be fun, too…

Congratulations from me too. Great feeling, isn’t it? :cool:

And here’s a very important lesson: Don’t underestimate the value of your work! Yes, people don’t want to spend more than they have to, but if you underbid yourself, it’s almost as if you’re saying your work isn’t up to par. Folks will often be willing to pony up more if they think they’ll be getting a quality product in return (and of course that’s what you’ll give them, right? :slight_smile: ).

Good luck with everything.