Things that don't seem gay, but are

Gays wearing crocs? Never!

I think you have them reversed…

Was it the scantily clad hunks on the cover that tipped you off?

I remember laughing when someone was shopping at Ambercromby and Finch’s website and said they thought this retailer might be targetting gay men, I pointed out to them that the background image on the shirt page they were on was two men embracing and kissing shirtless in jeans. So yea I think we can put that one to rest too.

Hell no.

It’s only gay if you kiss.

Rainbow? Really? You’re going to take the whole fucking light spectrum for your flag?

That connects with the love for culture of earlier eras. Diva-worship (Crawford, Garland, West, etc.) and camp were always more or less out, but pastimes like vintage phonographs and records, and historic building preservation, began to attract a gay male plurality.

Susan Sontag, who pretty much defined camp through her writing, suggested in the '60s that a lot of the modern world depended on Jewish morals and gay esthetics. (Of course, she was in both groups, so she could say so early and authoritatively.) Another thing I’ve noticed in my contacts with others who have “gay by association” interests is that many of them are Jewish, or Jewish and gay. More interestingly yet, if you are Jewish, you kind of get a pass. No one is likely to assume you’re gay. That connection between outgroups is worth exploring, perhaps from the unspoken premise that history and pop culture are as “Jewish” as they are “gay.”

I think you must be confusing this SDMB with another one!

I really did think there was a blow-off going on - either because people couldn’t understand the topic, or because it made them feel creepy and they wanted to try and laugh it off.

I see that you have a "confused " smiley at the end of your post.

Would that be sexually ?

When did you first start having doubts about your sexual orientation ?

No, I don’t think that I really want to know.

I’m afraid that theres a hell of a lot of Englishmen who are going to seriously disappoint you when or if, you meet them.

Not my cup of tea personally …

But hey stay proud !

Sorry to double post, but Typhoo strong at the moment, though being a Brit anything strong and MADE WITH BOILING water.

Note to Americans, NOT hot water.

This is the one I was going to mention. That confused me, too.

The world’s biggest gay rights activist would bash someone wearing crocs. They are not suitable for humanity, let alone any one sexual orientation, gender, race, religion, or creed.

Umm… prison, too. And society in general. South Park had a joke about having to “reverse the gay polarity” to restore heterosexuality if you gave oral.

Ironically, pink is one of the few colors that cannot be represented monochromatically within the ROYGBIV visible spectrum.
ETA: Diet soda is considered womanly in general (focus groups and such). So the soda makers have products like Pepsi Max, Coke Zero, or especially Dr Pepper’s new one, which emphasizes the manliness in the commercials in contrast with Diet.

This explains much! Ages ago, when I bought one at 18 because it was the only thing I could do to celebrate being 18. I flipped through it and was BORED, and wondered why’d they wasted my time. Now I know!

Based on my own, personal, totally-not-subjective experience, the majority of female brass players in college were gay (I found myself the token straight guy in a brass quintet, and most of the women we added to perform larger pieces were gay). Then again, these numbers may have been skewed because the lead trumpet player called all her friends from the Marin Women’s Symphony when we needed more players. Perhaps it would be fairer to say that the membership of the Marin Women’s Symphony was predominantly gay.

To be fair, she could have been doing her bit to make up for discrimination against female instrumentalists. It’s a very real phenomenon.

As for the gay part, hey, it’s NoCal.

I used to think pink shirts were gay so I would only buy light red.

Abercrombie & Fitch.

Wait, so a store with shirtless male models in the in front of a giant picture of another shirtless dude that leads to what looks like a gay nightclub for 19th century explorers filled with ripped clothes is targeting gays?

Well, I’ve never been to prison, (OR Peru for that matter) but where I’m from, you are a guy getting oral from another guy… you ARE Gay. (Or at least Bi) Unless it happened at summer camp. :rolleyes:

hangs head it’s true. I have owned both of those cars and I always have a look at who is driving them. You know, I wonder if other studly men, like myself, have chosen the same stylish man-car. Every - single - time, the other Subaru driver is an older woman who, it wouldn’t take a lot to convice me, is into women. No dudes except me are driving Outbacks that I can see.

In college I took a ballet class. Think about it: almost all women, tight clothes, bending over, you get the picture. Turns out all the other guys were gay. That should leave the field to me alone but unfortunately, both the women and the men assumed I was gay too, because I was taking ballet. Who knew?

By the way love lesbians ! Go Gay !