Things to do in Saipan when you're married

After a highly profitable year, my company has decided to deprive the government of some tax revenue by organizing a four-day trip to Saipan for all the employees and their families. We’ll be leaving around Thanksgiving weekend.

Soooo… this will be my first time there, and I don’t really have any idea what to do. I’ve looked at some of the Japanese guidebooks we have, but since I’m not interested in golf or buying Louis Vuitton bags cheap, they’re not much help. I’m also not that much into clubs or bars.

I’m interested in the history of the place (such as WWII battle sites), as well as the natural features and wildlife. Any sports of recreation ideas (scuba, bungee jumping, windsurfing, etc.) would also be good.

Any suggestions?

As I understand it, the north side of the island is a real great spot for tourists. Lots of great resorts, warm sun, blue water. The south side of the island is where all the sweat shops are.

Cool man, I went there on my honeymoon almost 10 years ago. Beaches. Water is warm all year round. Golf. WW2 battle sites (not real impressive just some pillboxes and tiny shot up tanks)

Otherwise, you’ve got duty free shopping, hit the bars, restaurants,

It’s like a cheap and exotic polynesian version of Japan sorta if that makes any sense. Majority of tourists are from Japan, so the bars, hookers, restaurants, ect are heavily skewed that way. Good seafood.

There is also a small recreation island a couple hundred meters offshore with lots of parasailing and other sporting activities. I remember we did a goofy fishing tour.

Anyhoo, anywhere with a white beach and warm ocean water is okay in my book.

Well I haven’t been there in about 18 years but this is what I can tell you about it. Get the fish from the road side Chamoro stands, yummy. Scuba dive OUTSide the lagoon. I think it was the northeast side of the island there was this huge rope swing into a sheltered pool, suspended from the top half of a gigantic volcanic bubble that had partially colapsed. Get a car, driving around the pink dirt roads in a rental, fun! Windsurfing was really good too. If there is a typhoon I highly recommend snorkeling in the lagoon, very cool to be in 85 degree water during a storm. Watch the sunset every night, 5 degrees north of the equator and the Sun is HUGE.

Cool, thanks for the tips.