Things you keep losing

AA rechargeable batteries.

I have no trouble keeping regular AA batteries, but my rechargeables wander away quite rapidly. I once lost a pair out of a 4-pack less than 5 hours after buying them.

Sunglasses
I buy sunglasses like most people buy gum. I buy sunglasses whenever I see a cheap pair that I like. I have either 5 pairs in the car or none and I squint until I rach a place I can buy another pair of cheap sunglasses.
Where do they get to?

Probably under the seats.

I don’t lose mine so much as break them. :frowning:

That’s where I found Jesus

He’s always the last place you look.

My answer is gloves. never kept a pair thru the whole winter.

NCB, did ya get the Trek-krud I sent you in the mail?

I actually sat down and made a list once.

ATM cards: 3.
Keys: 4 rings of, at least 10 singles.
Money. Constantly. I lost three hundred dollars once, and I do NOT mean playing poker. I put it in my purse. While in my own apartment. Before I left the next day, I checked to count it, and it was not there. I lived alone. To this day, I have no IDEA where it went.
Movies, books, a lamp while moving once, an expensive pair of sunglasses, my son’s first sonogram picture, and most frequently: earrings.

Reaganomics

Sleep.

(lately)

I’ll have to actually go look in the mailbox then, huh?

Nope. Nuttin. But thanks for the thought! That’s sweet.

Hmph. I see who your favorite is.

Just how old do you think I am?? :dubious:

Combs, sunglasses, golf balls and the freakin’ remote.

Wow, me too! Everyone around here thinks I’m funny for using those.

Now, this part is secret, when I lose one of those I think in my head “where is thumbkin? where is thumbkin? here i am, here i am…” and it helps me find it.

Yeah, I’m nuts. :smiley:

Oh, did you want a few extra ENT trading cards, TapeBoy?
:smiley:

Maureen, that lost cash will show up when you least expect it, like when you’re cleaning something where it couldn’t possibly be. Either that or it’s in my friend P’s house, where her mom stashed away cash for years all over the place and could never find it again. The whole place is probably a black hole of some kind.

If the USPS LOSES it, that’ll be another thing for this thread.

It is lumpy. But it’s also padded, so it should have had some protection.

It’s Trek related. Duh. :stuck_out_tongue:

Speaking of which, I lost the opportunity for an autograph of one of Nicole de Boer a couple days ago due to a higher pricetag than I expected. :frowning:

And since you mentioned USPS, they’re good at losing things for me, including a wedding gift for two of my best friends and a post card to another Doper from a month ago. I’m unsure, but I think they may have lost the second post card (and package) I sent when I found out the first never got there too 'cause I’ve yet to get word that it was recieved.

They’re not my favorite people right now. :mad:

:stuck_out_tongue:

Well, EnCeeBee? Anythin’ yet?

I found your tuna fish sandwich in my daughter’s dresser drawer. Geez, did we have a big fight over that one! And it turns out she was right, she didn’t know how it got there!