Things you should NOT leave behind while comitting a crime

Before I opened the thread, I thought to myself ‘Your arm.’

This ranks up there with the guy who robbed a bank wearing a motorcycle helmet that had his name on it, or the guy who broke into a house and raped a woman, and when she said she didn’t have any money, he asked her to write a check. She did, and since he gave her his real name, he was quickly arrested.

:smack:

20 years out, most of us would like to forget about it. :rolleyes:

I recall reading about a guy who was in a police station for some reason decided to steal a Polaroid camera he saw on one of their desks. But first to make sure it worked he took a photo of his own face. When it did, he tucked the camera away and left the photo behind. It wasn’t too hard for the cops to figure out who was behind the vanishing camera.

Leave your arms. Take the bus.

In recent years, there have been an ever-increasing number of people who photographed themselves committing assorted crimes, and in some cases even posting them on social media. :smack:

What did Jay Leno hate more than dressing up animals? That’s right, STUPID CRIMINALS!

The cannoli?

Macy’s again, whaddaya know? I’m aware that the store has the right to detain you briefly to determine whether you were indeed hiding their merchandise on your person to smuggle it out of the store, and if so, while they wait for the police to arrive.

But Macy’s is the only store I’ve heard where they handcuff persons so detained, which is interesting because I was already aware that some Macy’s stores literally have prison cells on the premises, and have gotten in trouble for their use of those cells.

Not that that excuses the mother in this case, but I am more worried about the conduct of a nationwide chain store.

With so much crime, the police can use every hand they can get.

Arm…hand…wave…greet. Shoebox…a tiny division of Hallmark…cards. Greeting…cards - GREETING CARD!!! The answer to this live action pictogram is “greeting card”!!!

So exciting, I’ve never won anything before!!! When can we play again?

Of course he took the bus - how the dickens could he flag down a taxi?

Regards,
Shodan

Jeff Foxworthy tells a story about the time in high school.that he and a friend decided to streak at a school assembly. They both wore their football helmets to hide their faces.

So they were both surprised to be called to the principal’s office a short time later. According to Foxworthy, the principal looked at them and said simply, “Your numbers are on your helmets.”

I bet he was quite put out about that, too.

I got it! I just watched the American Experience episode about it over the weeken, although I knew about the case long before that.

I’ve seen it reported that doctors were able to reattach the arm.

According to one of my brother (an LEO) leaving an unpaid fare subway ticket with your name and adress on it at the crime scene is unwise. If you did, however, and if you’re polite enough to let police officers enter your place without a warrant, you should probably first pick up blood-soaked clothes from the floor.

Not long ago locally a would-be bank robber was apprehended because he wrote his ‘give me all your money’ note on the back of a completed job application.

I heard of another would-be Dillinger who did the same thing with one of his pre-printed deposit slips.

At least this idjit won’t be accused of blowing all his back robbery loot dining out.

I got the reference too… But from recently watching the series “Mysteries at the Museum” on Netflix while going to bed. Season 2, Ep 7, “Leopold and Loeb”, saw it just last week.