Things you want to eat wrong.

Different idea but still Stroganoff related- I went to an Uzbeki restaurant and ordered it and was shocked when it came out not with egg nooddles but french fries… HOLEE SHIT! Loved it.

In my family a “mushroom burger” means slathered in cream of mushroom soup/velveeta sauce- not sauteed mushrooms and swiss cheese.

I bought a fancy bottle of salad dressing “garden vegetable” flavor… it was just salsa. I use it with chips AND salad. It’s good.

Ha! I am exactly the same way except with Oven Fry and not Shake and Bake!

Maybe in the same vein, my huevos rancheros looks like this:
-2 fried eggs
-Black beans
-Grated cheese
-Sour cream
-Salsa
-Corn tortillas

So far fairly normal. Except that I layer them in a tower until it’s like a tall stack of pancakes. Total heart-attack meal, and delicious. I haven’t made it in years; I should make it soon.

Mr. S puts PEANUT SAUCE on his sushi. Fortunately only at home.

Everybody but my mom makes taco salads wrong. They’re supposed to be chili on a bed of lettuce, topped with Fritos and French dressing.

Actually, that sounds kind of gross.

I said “LOL what the fuck” out loud when I read this. :slight_smile:

I wonder if she got the recipe from a bag of Fritos or something.

my family’s taco salad - Iceberg lettuce, unseasoned ground taco beef (cold), tortilla chips, red kidney beans, black olives and thousand island dressing.

My Mom used to make something she called “cheeseburger pie,” which if I recall correctly was made of exactly this. Might have been Velveeta instead of American. It was the standard meal for when Dad had to work late. Sooooooo good.

I put ketchup on hot dogs.

I also put peanut sauce on hot dogs.

I like my pasta cooked way past al dente.

Another monkey checking in who likes her pasta soft.

Coincidentally, roomie made stroganoff tonight.

I make bell peppers and beef without the beef.

Sounds like a… Strogaknockoff. :smiley:

What do you call a steer masturbating?

Beef strokin’ off.

I like both waffles and pancakes plain, as finger food.

Zyada and I just picked up a cookbook at a garage sale (Russian Festive Cooking by Susan Ward), in which the rather conventional Stroganoff of course shouldn’t come with rice, but “a tuft of straw potatoes on top is classically acceptable.”

For my own wrong food, I’ll suggest classic English trifle, (Prairie style from the 1950s): slightly dry yellow cake from a mix, with nicely hardened butter (really margarine) icing, cut up in a pan and dotted with strawberry jam, then covered with vanilla pudding.

I want some of my mother’s lasagna: monterey jack and cottage cheese in place of mozzarella and ricotta. Sweet Lord, it’s so savory-tangy and delicious. :slight_smile:

Tacos made with the crunchy Ortega hard shells. Yes, I prefer real tacos when I have the time to make them, and no I don’t pretend this is real Mexican food. But the crunchy corn chip texture just goes so well with the spicy ground beef. And sometimes this cheap, simple to make, but tasty fare really hits the spot.