Things you've lost

I’ve lost my hearing and my mind a few times.

But no material thing or those subjective health concerns prepared me for the loss of Mom.

Yer pal,
Satan

I lost a really cool necklace once that had wood carved to look like small fangs with some carvings on each.

It was really cool and I really liked it a lot, so did my girlfriend at the time.

I know that I have put you through hell, and I know that I have been one rough pecker. But from here on, you are all in my cool book.- Seth Gecko From Dusk Till Dawn

Of all the things I have lost.
My mind I miss the most.

Trite but true !

Peace
t lion

" I Wonder What Happens When I push THIS Button? "

When I was in Dallas getting a job, my ex-wife was in Birmingham packing for the move. When she arrived in Dallas with the movers they had gotten everything except for my most prized possession…my 1st guitar. It was 13 years old and beat to hell, but I loved it. It was a no name, nylon string classical guitar that played great. She left it leaning in the corner of the old apt. I called the complex to see if they still had it and they said that they had already chunked it.

Thanks,

Daniel

Most recently, my wallet. Two weeks ago. Nothing sentimental in it and I don’t use credit cards, so the biggest loss was the 100 bucks.

Wallet was returned via mail. Minus the 100 bucks.

More than I am comfortable losing, but who knows?…the finder may have needed the money worse than me. It did gratify me somewhat that the person bothered to drop it in the mail. Merry Christmas, stranger! :slight_smile:

My unit coin from the last command I was at in the Navy. We all had one, and I carried it everywhere for years after I got out. Mis-placed it sometime last year, and haven’t been able to find it. After moving twice, I doubt I’ll ever find it.

I lost my Sr. Class Key (a necklace with my H.S. Insignia on it) at the beach. I wanted to keep it safe, so I put it in my shoe. My best friend thought it would be funny to fill my shoes up with sand. When I asked to to clean the sand out, he didn’t know the key was in there, and threw them into the water. Hell, I barely found my shoes!

My dad gave me his class ring from from high school. He graduated in 1942. Now that he’s dead, I’d sure like to have that ring.

A few years ago, a friend of mine had just finished college, but still used a credit card that his dad had given him. He would max it out every month. This particular night was no exception when we were out on the wooden deck of a bar here in Atlanta. (American Pie for those of you familiar with the area) We had just gotten notice that the card was maxed out, and we’d need to start paying some other way. (That meant it was now my turn to buy) Anyway, he was flipping the card up in the air and catching it. The one time he missed, it fell BETWEEN two of the studs on the deck. We asked the manager how to get it back, but he said there was no way under the deck. It was gone forever. A month or so later he called his dad on fathers day (The first time they’d spoken since before that incident). His dad said “John, is that you? I thought you’d died! I haven’t heard from you in two months, and I stopped getting huge credit card bills!” to which a quick thinking John said “Dad, now that I’m done with college and have a job, I figured it was time for me to start paying my own way!” That still cracks me up!

Enright3

TennHippie,

I always assume in situations like yours that the person who stole your money was NOT the person who kindly dropped your walled in a mail box. There’s no honor among thieves.

Enright3

hi everyone! I have been lurking for a while and decided it’s time to make my presence known.Please be gentle for I am the cherry poster!
about 2 years ago I lost a pair of 1 carat diamond earrings in the laundry.they were not insured and I miss them so much. Sniff! I looked everywhere for them but those boogers are gone. I also lost my sunglasses last week…I am a chronic sunglasses loser but i mangaged to hold onto that pair for 5 years.oh well, off to the mall for a new pair!!

My missing book has been found! Thanks to catrandom and his/her prayers to St. Anthony of Padua! It was on a shelf, hidden behind several unrelated books (my bookshelf is categorized - how anal is that?). Thx again!

I lost something similar to yours, Libby. In my case, it was the only copy I had of an album I sang backup on (one pretty cool solo, too). The band was a bunch of local musicians in So. Cal., who’ve all scattered to the four corners, so getting another copy is never going to happen. At one point a choral director in college borrowed it to listen to it. I never got it back and now the world will never hear my ducet tones…

…yeah, I can hear alla youse cheering. Stop it!

Enright3: Perhaps, but the wallet could have been thrown in the river or a garbage can. Or been kept. Somehow it found its way back to me.

Also, I’ve known many people desperate for money who still had some honor. I was one. We’re known as drunks and junkies, and we don’t always lose all sense of ethics.

I would be more then happy to give someone all the cash in my wallet as long as they returned the rest. The credit cards, ATM card, drivers license, assorted business cards and phone numbers I keep in my wallet are worth far more to me then any cash I ever carry. I’ve only lost my wallet once. And I had $300 in it at the time. Cool thing was that I got it back with $100 still left! I had left it at the gas station somewhere, although I’m not sure where. I’m fairly certain it was the employee who took the cash, but I was just happy to get the wallet, its contents, and $100 back approx. 24 hours later. Besides, there’s no way to prove he took it, so causing a big stink over my own stupid mistake would be pointless. Nevermind the fact that he may NOT have taken it and was extremely honest to return it with the remaining $100 after someone else turned it in. With afterthought its hilarious that whoever it was who had the windfall of finding my wallet felt too guilty to take ALL the cash.

I put in that disclaimer mainly for you. I might as well have not even said it at all. :wink:

I’ve lost that Holiday spirit. I haven’t been religious for the past 25 or so years but the last 10 I don’t feel much special on holidays. Travel and meeting someone used to help. Even with the kids, I play along, but even when they both believed in santa, it wasn’t that big a deal for me. Not Santa not Grinch, just blah.
I do get excited once in a while, but less and less. I’ve lost it…

Yeah, I meant to add that thief is a harsh label for someone who finds the thing in the street.

I’ve misplaced my car keys. I’m using a backup set.

Anyone seen them?

TennHipp: A cheery story…

In Nice(not), France, 13 years ago, I found a wallet, sitting on top of all the stuff normally in a garbage can. I had been unfortunately, robbed on an Italian train the week before, so I was quite sensitive to the duress that robbery can bring to one’s perisphere.

I was hellbent on getting the wallet back to it’s rightful owner, by the address in the wallet, not to far from our own hotel. We arrived at the building address(a travel agency) as according to the wallet, and, since it was a holiday`, tried to slide the wallet under the doorsill. It wouldn’t go, so I took all the cards, etc., out, and shoved them one by one through the slot between doors ,and, then when the wallet was thin enough, shoved it under too.

I then buzzed up to the next nearest neighbor, and tried to explain in my poooor French, what I was doing. After being frustated with my poor French, he finally came down. I splained again, showed him the scattered wallet contents through the door, and he smiled that real swell smile you don’t get to see that often anymore.

“I’ll tell them, and thank you.”

The sweet smirk on his face was well enough… enough : BTW… Lots O’ Cash in that wallet… all slid back to the owner…

What goes 'round, comes 'round…

TennHipp: A cheery story…

In Nice(not), France, 13 years ago, I found a wallet, sitting on top of all the stuff normally in a garbage can. I had been unfortunately, robbed on an Italian train the week before, so I was quite sensitive to the duress that robbery can bring to one’s perisphere.

I was hellbent on getting the wallet back to it’s rightful owner, by the address in the wallet, not to far from our own hotel. We arrived at the building address(a travel agency) as according to the wallet, and, since it was a holiday`, tried to slide the wallet under the doorsill. It wouldn’t go, so I took all the cards, etc., out, and shoved them one by one through the slot between doors ,and, then when the wallet was thin enough, shoved it under too.

I then buzzed up to the next nearest neighbor, and tried to explain in my poooor French, what I was doing. After being frustated with my poor French, he finally came down. I splained again, showed him the scattered wallet contents through the door, and he smiled that real swell smile you don’t get to see that often anymore.

“I’ll tell them, and thank you.”

The sweet smirk on his face was well enough… enough : BTW… Lots O’ Cash in that wallet… all slid back to the owner…

What goes 'round, comes 'round…

Yeah, the weird thing is, there was $200 in that wallet in the trash. Really. I still can’t figure it out!