Think about it [the fate of the country/world]

It’s just that the Illuminati aren’t telling us their plans. Typical of those bastards.

Ok! We heard you the first 3 times. Your old. We got it. You keep on repeating yourself like that and people might start thinking “Yeah old and senile”! :eek:

Yup, the elite don’t have any kind of plan that isn’t propped up by cheap labour. What are they going to do when they come out of their shelters? Subsistence farming? Heavy manufacturing? I don’t think so.

If there’s room in the shelter for the poor workers, the shelter had better be planet-sized.

Don’t apologize-you do that quite well.

I’m of the Happy Lendervedder school of thought.

I’m going to have breakfast, go buy cigarettes and gas, then go to the bar for lunch. I don’t have the time nor the inclination to worry about bombs and rich people in bunkers, etc. I keep trying to explain this to my husband who sounds an awful lot like you, OP - I have bigger things in my day to day life to worry about, and frankly, all the doom and gloom people predict just ain’t gonna happen (thank you levdrakon.) I refuse to sit and worry about it because I have living to get on with.

When did [nuetron] bombs become a status symbol? I remember when being rich meant you were a millionaire and you owned a mansion and a yacht.

deregulated, I edited your thread title to give a little more about what (I think) you want to talk about. We have a lot of users and a lot of threads, and people need to know what you’re talking about in order to decide if they want to join your conversation. So, next time be a bit more descriptive with the thread title.

Thanks,
Ellen Cherry
IMHO moderator

I have stopped trying to argue with my mother, who sounds an awful lot like your husband. The problem is that she doesn’t have bigger things in her life to worry about. As people age, their world shrinks. Combine this with internet access and you’ve got a recipe for never-ending paranoia–as long as they stay within their little echo chamber.

Kill me if I ever get that bad.

New user here, just thought I’d share 2 things.

“Governments and big oil refuse to stop the use of hydrocarbons.”

While on a whole this might be true, we are (at least in part) on our way towards promoting change. There’s up to a $7500 federal tax credit for plug-in electric vehicles, and here in CA we also have an additional $2500 credit until funds run out.

There’s also quite a large federal reimbursement for the installation of solar panels. We’re about to get a couple panels installed through a local company here.

Change, while slow, is inevitable.

On another note, I’ve started preparing for emergencies lately ( food with long shelf life, water supply, etc). Everything was going well until I mentioned to my wife that we should also get some sort of firearm. Eventually I won out and purchased a .22 caliber rifle. This is when I realized that .22 ammo had been hit hardest by the recent shortage. After digging around a bit, I found this:

In short, it turns out WE were the monsters, all along.

I hardly expected such an overwhelming response. Fortunately,(for me) the snide remarks have been minimal. I do believe there are at least one or two government employees trying to make things appear different than my observation, and at least one person who would twist my words to throw confusion into the pot(count blucher) rather than respond with any observations of his own. One must expect such things when posting on the internet which is heavily influenced by the US Govt., and in a forum where people dont use their real names. It makes conversation difficult but not impossible. The facts: anyone who stays up on current events has been exposed to news articles related to my observations. Some could not care less, while others are concerned about our runaway government and the growing gap between the rich and the poor. Scoff if you will, call me crazy, I dont care. I am just giving my opinion (IMHO) based on many years of observation in order to stimulate conversation on the topics presented. I thank you all for your responses. Carry on!

I know you have time on your hands and media sensationalism makes compelling daily arguments that the world is going to hell in a handbasket. Every generation bemoans the passing of a better, more gentile, simpler time.

Here’s the thing… if your world view is unexamined and without prespective, it’s not suprising you’ve reached the conclusions you have.

My advice is that you need to watch less news and stop clicking on crazy links sent to you by like minded codgers with equally abundant time on their hands and diminshed critical thinking skills.

The facts: In the last 100 years the world has become a much better place to live. Health care has improved by leaps and bounds. Economies have grown tremendously. Standard of living is much higher. Racial segragation was abolished and minorities and women can vote. Discrimination in first world countries based on race, gender, sexual preference, mental and physical disabilities is punishable by laws. Food is abundant and available and highly energy rich. Grinding poverty is greatly diminished and we’re continuing to work on the issue. High quality education is widely available and accessible to everyone. Technology now would be unrecognizable to people living 100 years ago.

So it continues to suprise me that with all these great strides and availability of information, these sorts of shuttered myopic views persist.

So when we’re all dead, who is going to grow food for the elite, make their cars and TVs, pave their roads, sew their clothes…

In short the very last thing “the elite” would want to do is get rid of all the people who make their lifestyle possible.

Are you claiming that the government has spies implanted on this message board? As far as people not using their real names goes, you forgot to give us your first name, Mr. deregulated.

I’m a government employee, but I’m not trying to make things appear different from your observation.

I mean, I think your conclusion is unsupportable, but I’m not going to kick down your door and drag you away in the middle of the night. Too much effort.

People never stop to think about how much PAPERWORK it takes just to fuel up a few measly little black helicopters.

Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
(but don’t rule out malice)

Police departments are heavily armed.
Malice - they want to enslave us.
Stupidity - well they got all this money to ‘fight drugs’ and they really like big guns and don’t have any other idea on how to fight drugs so…

The environment
Malice - They are destroying the world on purpose just make us slaves.
Stupidity - They make lots of money doing what they are doing. They really like money. They don’t even believe that they can change things.
“They” are not mean. They are just stupid. Most of the time they are both stupid and mean.

There has never been a time when this wasn’t true.

We have a few card-carrying members of the Illuminati who participate on this board, so we have folks who influence the governments directly. They don’t bother trying to convince you (a private citizen) of anything.

Is this supposed to be news?

Quoted for truth.