Third hot dog topic in a week--Do you put ketchup on hot dogs?

Never. But will say this whole “Ketchup is blasphemy” thing is WAY over played. Just let them have their damn ketchup.

Ketchup on a hot dog is an abomination unto the Lord.

But if other people wish to go to hell, ain’t no skin off my nose.

Ketchup on the hot dog? Never!

Ketchup goes on the plate. For dipping.

Nope. I don’t put it on fries, either (mayo or nothing at all). I do like a bit with hot meatloaf for some reason, but have no patience with people who drown their food in the stuff.

I strongly dislike yellow mustard, so I grew up putting only ketchup on hot dogs. I have learned to like Dijon (Grey Poupon, of course!) mustard, and so I will now use that and ketchup. I have never tried just Dijon alone. I really ought to someday.

Yes, sometimes, but mostly in the hopes that a Chicagoan is nearby because I really want their heads to explode. I don’t think they should be critical considering their taste in pizza.

Seriously, if you like it, go for it.

I don’t put ketchup on my hot dogs, but then I also don’t put ketchup on my hamburgers or my french fries or much of anything else, so my answer here may not be terribly relevant.

I love ketchup on hot dogs and I don’t give a damn what anyone thinks about it.

Hell yes, I didn’t know people ate them without ketchup.

However ketchup alone isn’t that good. Ketchup plus mustard (and/or relish) is much better. Mustard alone is good, but ketchup alone is not.

Also wrap a hot dog in a slice of cheese, that is good.

You need to watch some more Dirty Harry. :slight_smile:

One, it’s not just a Chicago thing. Two, nobody here actually cares.

If you think deep dish is the only or main thing going here, you’re wrong.

Absolutely. As a Chicagoan, go for it. Nobody sincerely cares what you put on your hot dog. And I do know true blue Chicagoans who put ketchup on their hot dogs. They don’t give a fuck what others think about their condiment choices, either.

Eat whatever you want. It’s your taste buds and stomach, why should anybody else care? Why does this matter so much to people?

I never, ever do - but that has more to do with being highly allergic to ketchup than anything else.

I don’t give a damn what other people put on their hot dogs.

If Sriracha sauce is a kind of ketchup then I vote yes.

I never understand who makes these “rules” you can’t break, but what can I say? I’m a rebel, Dottie. Or, at least a little. I’m not much on hot dogs per se, but I loves me some corny dogs with just a bit of ketchup. As for mustard, it’s about my favoritest thing ever (I like all kinds of the fancy stuff even), but for some reason, the red stuff hits the right sweet balance between all that bread and wiener. I ain’t ashamed neither.

Same with me. I don’t eat ketchup.

(Bolding mine.)

You’d hate to eat breakfast with me. I’ll get a steak and egg bowl from Wal-Mart and put ketchup all over that sucker.

2 hotdogs at a time. One with mustard only and one with mustard, ketchup and relish. That one is my dessert dog.

And I occasionally have french fries with my ketchup. But they have to be good fries.

No! Never! I’ve even thought it odd to put cheese on hot dogs.

I don’t put ketchup on anything. In fact, putting ketchup on your fries is a very good way to keep me from stealing them.