Third hot dog topic in a week--Do you put ketchup on hot dogs?

So the two hot dog threads made me wonder (after reading them and noticing the strong opinions people seem to have for the inclusion or exclusion of ketchup), you ever do it?

Why, yes…I do.

I know I’m not “supposed” to, but it’s how I like them. Yes, yes I put ketchup on hot dogs.

No. I still hold by the same opinion I had the subject when I was 6: Ketchup on a hot dog is yucky.

You, of all people, should know better than to raise this issue yet again.

I’m giving odds there are two warnings, a couple of mod notes and a lock in the future of this thread. Or it disappears without a ripple.

ashamed
:frowning:

Your posting privileges are under review.

I can’t do anything about them, but I’m gonna review them just the same.
mmm

Never. Well, that’s not exactly swear-to-God-on-the-Holy-Bible true, but it’s close enough. 99% of the time I will not put ketchup on a hot dog. I’ve done it when I was doing a make-shift currywurst type of thing.

Yes, and dammit, I like it.

Ketchup & kraut. I’m not ashamed.

I used to when I was a kid.
Every once in a blue moon I’ll do it for nostalgia sake.

Regular picnic/grill chicken/parts dog, Yes.

Chicago style or an all beef Kosherphallic…ahhh, NO!

When I was five, I used to split my hot dogs down the middle, lengthwise, and pour a bead of ketchup in the groove. Now, I never use ketchup on them. But I have no problem with people who do. It’s a free country after all.

i’m kinkier that the next guy.

but that, no never.

If I end up in hell when I die, my torture will be an endless supply of hot dogs with only ketchup available to put on them.

Yes, I like ketchup on my dog. Always have, always will.

I refuse to be ashamed about it.

Ketchup, mustard and mayo. Anything to make myself forget that I’m eating extruded mammal squeezin’s.

I won’t even eat hot dogs if I’ve run out of ketchup.

I love the taste of ketchup. I eat the ketchup out of packets sometimes even but I only like it on a few things: Burgers, French Fries (also tater tots) and Onion Rings. I hate Ketchup on the other things people would put it on: Hot Dogs, Eggs, Chicken,…steak <shiver>. It makes all those things just taste like ketchup instead of what they are.

Can’t explain why I don’t feel the same way about burgers but I do.

#3 = ketchup

joint wiener = chili + cheese

Always.

Occasionally (generally when I’m at the ballpark) I will also use mustard, but ketchup is my condiment of choice.