This bullshit with the post office has got to go

Being a second-rate Trump will drive away Democrats and bring nothing but mockery from Republicans.
Which side are you rooting for?

Well then have fun with an illegitimate Trump lackey running to an illegitimate judiciary so he can keep ruining the post office and causing more frustration among ordinary voters.

Let’s get this straight: the average voter wants results. They don’t care two shits how it gets done. Maybe the little debate club here on SDMB does, but the average voter does not. Biden’s presidency is cratering because he’s not being enough of an FDR-type dictator. He needs to be. It’s dictator time. And if he doesn’t get that, it’s over. His presidency and our democracy are over.

If he goes the way of Trump, what sort of democracy are you saving?

Biden should be mostly democratic but he shouldn’t be bound by illegitimate holdovers and illegitimate judges. I would propose court packing and ending the filibuster but obviously fairness-obsessed democrats’ heart ain’t in it. So the responsibility falls on Biden’s shoulders.

Again, we’re very close to the death of American democracy. And there’s one - and only one - side that’s at fault. And they win because they are playing a completely different game then we are. You don’t understand. But you will.

Read what you wrote again and then tell us that you aren’t crazy. We likely won’t believe you, but go ahead and do it anyway.

“It’s dictator time or our democracy is over”? Really? I know you won’t take this advice, but asahi, do everyone (including yourself) a favor and just sit down and shut the fuck up for a while.

1. I do not believe that ends justify means.
  2. I see a difference between saving a political party and saving democracy.

Let’s see how well your post ages. I’ll bookmark it.

Aye; I don’t doubt you will. That’s the game you are playing.

“I’m right! I’m right! I’m right!”

You prolly shout it to the heavens at night.

“Everything sucks! I’m right!”

Good for you. Now fuck off.

When you decide to stop being crazy, maybe you’ll be a decent person to be around again.

I’m not being snarky, are you drinking?

You sound like a MAGA person from Bizarro World,

And

Mean the same thing. At this point I’d bet on you voting for Trump over Biden next time around.

You all don’t get it.

Then please enlightened us on the difference between a country ruled by a dictator and the end of democracy?

“I’m right! I’m right!”

:roll_eyes:

No, we get it: you’ve lost your fucking mind.

No, mate. This society has lost its fucking mind.

I’m about done trying to pick up the pieces.

Yup, he’s a trumpie now.

How much of his day is spent fantasizing about “someday, they’ll regret the way they treated me”?

The problem this country has - well one of many - is that our political system can no longer respond to crises. There is no more mandate.

One would have thought that after the financial crisis of 2008, there would have been a mandate for FDR-style change. There wasn’t. Republicans retook control of the legislature in less than two years.

One would have thought that after being effectively raped by the right wing for the past 4-5 years, there would be a mandate for a shift in the opposite direction. But take a look at Biden’s poll numbers. Take a good last look at Democratic control of Congress because that might be the last time you see it – ever in your lifetime.

We have a “democracy” that can’t respond to crisis. And bro, if you think the pandemic is the worst of the crises we’re about to face, you ain’t seen nothing yet. We’re about to deal with scarcity. Shit we’ve never imagined in our lifetimes. If Biden doesn’t succeed - if he doesn’t do whatever it takes to win - then there will indeed be dictator time, but not the kind I’m ranting about.

You’ve got no idea where this is headed. I’m sorry. Bo’s right. I should shut up. It’s not right to expect others to see.

Asahi, I would usually advise that you have a cold one and just chill out, but I don’t think that would help in this case. Can you smoke pot? A little few puffs, put some music on.

Do you mean, we’re not buying it?

We can either oppose rape, or join in on it?