This commerical where the girl goes from very frumpy to gorgeous is the same woman?

I agree. Frumpy does not equal long sleeves and no cleavage.

The woman looks ugly in the first part of the commercial. It’s not that she is wearing long sleeves and not showing cleavage but more that she is wearing no makeup, has a bored expression on her face, and has her hair put up in a very unattractive way. She is also wearing a very ugly *style *of glasses (as far as I can tell; it looks like round lenses to me).

Valete,
Vox Imperatoris

I know what frumpy means. I am expressing disbelief that you could use that word to describe someone who actually looks quite cute, just because she isn’t glammed up with excessive make-up.

Well, that’s not what I’m saying. I’m saying sexier in the REAL way.:dubious:

I thought it would be about this commercial:

Another example of hair/makeup making all the difference: Becki Newton as both Amanda Tanen and Ruthie on Ugly Betty. I didn’t even notice 'til halfway through the episode when I caught her voice suddenly sounding very familiar, so I paused the show and said out loud, “Oh my God, that’s Amanda!”

My favorite example of what a difference hair, makeup, and clothing make. FTR, I am a peak oil skeptic and I think she looks better on the left.

Good lord - I’m a peak oil skeptic myself, but I’ll most assuredly be in my bunk.

I firmly believe that this is how more of our political discourse should be carried out. Who’s with me?

(By the way, above link is marginally NSFW).

That’s what *makes *people attractive (not *excessive *makeup, but reasonable attempts to make yourself more attractive than you were when you got out of bed in the morning).

Valete,
Vox Imperatoris

And why would any intelligent and temperate person want to be attractive to a drunken lout?

I never claimed the commercial espoused sound moral values.

Valete,
Vox Imperatoris