This date in History

On November 13, Felix Unger was asked to remove himself from his place of residence. That request came from his wife. Deep down, he knew she was right, but he also knew that someday, he would return to her. With nowhere else to go, he appeared at the home of his childhood friend, Oscar Madison. Sometime earlier, Madison’s wife had thrown him out, requesting that he never return. Can two divorced men share an apartment without driving each other crazy?

would make a great premise for a tv show.

On November 13, Brynnie was asked to remove herself from her place of residence, the birth canal. That request came from her mother. Deep down, she knew she was right, but she also knew that someday, she would return to her. With nowhere else to go, she appeared at the open arms of her father, lieu. Sometime earlier, lieu’s wife had thrown him out of there too, requesting that he return at a later date. Can two parents and a child share a loving house without driving each other crazy?

That would be a “yes.” Happy Birthday, sweetie.

Actor Alexander Scourby, he of the golden voice-overs, was born in Brooklyn Nov. 13, 1913, into a Greek baking family. (He briefly ran his father’s pie factory.)

Friday November 13, 1964 my parents finally went on a date, after knowing each other since Grade 9, and looking sideways at each other for the past two months at bowling league. My father finally came up with a better plan than asking if she needed a ride home, since my mother bowled with her sister and parents, and had a built-in ride home. (Mom said “If he had asked me for coffee! Or to go for a meal! Something! But no, for weeks and weeks, the same thing ‘Do you need a ride home?’”)

He asked her out to see a play. She was finishing his sentences by the end of the first date. He bought her bowling shoes for Christmas and was impressed that her feet were so small there was no tax on her shoes (child sized). They were married within a year and are still together. (No, they didn’t get married because Mom was pregnant, I came along 4 years and 4 days after the wedding. I used to have fun telling people that fun fact with the “4 years” part omitted.)

Here’s to you Mom and Dad! Hope you have many more happy years together!

We don’t help spammers here.

Spam post reported.

ETA: And removed. Thanks.

Are you William Woodson?