This Just In...Fox News Channel is bunch of lying fucks

That’s a lovely burn. Some context: The video shows Doocy yelling the question at end of a presidential address on Racial Equity, and Joe tossing off the answer while exiting the stage. So there was no back and forth, or immediate reaction from the press corp.

Do the . . .presenters(?) consider themselves journalists? Any time I’ve tuned in I’ve never heard anything except them talking about what the other side did /said. So, they don’t do any reporting on anything? Everything is just a reaction to The Left. What a waste of time.

Biden should have said “your mom.”

This is just one of the many reasons I could never be president.

… the last four years notwithstanding …

Ah, right. I’m trying to forget that ever happened, and I hope all the lowered bars are re-raised as soon as possible.

When I sear a steak on the stove, the smoke alarms will go off occasionally. Freaks the snot out of my dog.

A few hours later, he’ll be hiding upstairs. There’s this rhythmic paroxysmal shaking thing that he goes through to self-soothe, but I think he forgets the predicate event.

It feels like that’s exactly where a lot of us are right now.

Which was exactly my point.

It’s becoming more normalized. You think that if Blue’s Brothers came out now, people would have more sympathies for the Nazis whose picnic they so rudely crashed?

Your cite here is a poll of all Americans, from almost 4 years ago. I don’t know if “still” is an applicable word for such out of date information.

You have a poll ready to show how many Republicans think that holding Nazi views is unacceptable? Better, how many think that holding Nazi views is more unacceptable than holding liberal views.

I think you would probably still get a majority, but not an overwhelming majority.

I know which way my parents would vote.

I was not hyperbolic. In fact, it was mostly just a jab at Trump. But since you have gotten so bent out of shape as to my little comment, I think that you should probably ease a bit off the itchy trigger finger there.

Victims in abusive relationships are not perfect people. Sometimes they lie, sometimes they try to fight back. Sometimes the abused wife actually did cheat on her husband. No one is claiming the Democrats behave perfectly.

But proportional response is key to a non-abusive relationship, even if it’s an adversarial one.

A key part of the Trump doctrine, reflected in the actual motto of the Trump War Room account, is “If you hit us, we will hit back 10 times harder”.
That is the very definition of an abusive relationship

And what the Democrats really need to not do is tiptoe around, afraid to do anything that the other side won’t like just because the smallest slight will be amplified into a grave offense.

You can’t mediate or negotiate an abusive relationship - any attempt to negotiate with someone who will only accept a result that is 10x more favorable to them is, in and of itself, abusive.

If someone is knocking you around because he doesn’t like the way you fold the towels, there is no legitimate solution that involves you working on your towel folding skills.

Jeez, everyone should get this by now. People are real good at not seeing abusive relationships, especially when they are in them, but January 6th was the equivalent on the husband finally losing it and stabbing his ex-wife in the chest.

I’m perturbed that there are people that think that, after that, they can still sit down and work things out like grown-ups. Again.

De-platformIng and shunning is the way to go, we need to double down, not let up. No matter what the abuse enablers at Fox News say…yesterday they did what was actually a good anti-Putin story on the recent unrest in Russia, but closed it with the observation that “Yet if Putin wanted a Twitter account, he could get one”.

Your comment was that being called a Nazi was no longer a bad thing. I understand the jab at Trump but do you still suggest that’s true? Or do you think over a few years that Americans went from 90% opposed to Nazis to, say, 90% okay with them?

I know it’s the Pit but I still am not cool with BS like that unless it’s a clear joke, which yours wasn’t.

It’s pretty obviously clear that this was NOT what they meant nor said.

What I took from the comments was that it was quite likely that the 10% who were OK with holding Nazi beliefs 4 years ago would quite likely be higher than that today, and certainly higher among Republicans. This is what I read. Not “90% would be fine with Nazis today.”

Maybe pack the straw man away for later.

I suppose that depends on how you interpret “grassroots revulsion”. If that’s intended to represent just the 10% or so (I doubt it is higher now, I assume it’s lower) then I retract my comments, but I didn’t gather that that meant the farthest right of the party (the alt-right and such). It’s fortunately still a fringe, though not enough of a fringe for me admittedly (or to anyone decent).

Someone tell me this name is pronounced “douchey”.

We had a dachshund who couldn’t handle stairs because she was exceptionally short-legged and long. She could barely do one, poor thing. She have her front paws on the step while wildly trying to get one of her hind legs up on it. One day we came home from running errands, and we couldn’t find her. Then, we heard some sounds and found her at the top of the stairs. We figured a smoke alarm must have gone off. Never saw her go up the stairs again. She would start shaking if she heard one go off across the street they freaked her out so much.

Awwwwww. There are a handful of ‘little’ breeds that are just amazing. Dachshunds are definitely one of them.

There’s only one reason I’ve considered putting in a doggie door: if we’re away from the house and the smoke alarm goes off (for good reason OR for no reason), I know Sam would like to be able to get out of the house, pronto.

Incidentally (wrestling this all back OT) … in the last few months of the CFSG’s* term, I often remarked to my wife that CNN had the brakes off, editorializing with reckless abandon. But Fox was so far off into the weeds by that point that even I – who has watched all the major networks for years – could barely stomach their content.

And Fox is no better now, and I’m quite sure that anything after Brett Baier’s show is almost immediately carcinogenic.

Or emetic.

*Cheeto-Faced Shit-Gibbon

It’s not as bad a thing as it was a mere 4 years ago.

It’s become more normalized, largely because of the sorts of comments that I made a jab at, “There are fine people.”

I don’t think that it’s that dramatic, but I think that if a similar poll were conducted today, it would be surprising and depressing. Especially a poll of Republicans.

I would actually be surprised if it wasn’t at least 30% of Republicans are okay with Nazis, and even more that are more okay with Nazis than with Democrats.

And if you broke it down, and asked if they were okay with the items on this list

https://ratical.org/ratville/CAH/fasci14chars.html

I would be surprised if there were not a majority of Republicans who agree.

Maybe it wasn’t clear it was a joke, I tend towards dryer humor, but it was actually just meant as a throwaway jab at Trump.

But, even as a joke, it’s also a serious concern that yes, fascism is becoming much more normalized and acceptable in this country. It doesn’t need to reach a majority to wreck havoc, it just needs a pretty small minority, along with a majority who are apathetic towards it.

I keep reading this as ONAN.

I am in 100% agreement with you there. :frowning:

I do as well. When people refer to it not by initials, but o-an it is even easier to hear it as the biblical name.

Well, the anti-fascist people have been painted as violent, bad terrorist anti-Americans. With great frequency and gusto by the subject of this thread. So of course fascism must be good. And freedom – as long as the President is an authoritarian.

Say what you want about Trump, but at least he made the mail run late.