This One Isn't Even Close

First off, as Bone says, the warning will not be walked back. Absorb that fact.

I do want to give you a bit of a ‘behind the curtain’ glimpse of how we work, though. Just so you can - hopefully - learn, Shodan.

We received two reports about that thread. The first came in yesterday and concerned your earlier post in the thread…the one that used the ‘black cat’ analogy.

Your three humble moderators spent some time discussing the report in a discussion loop with just the three of us. Is it warnable? Is it notable? Is it an offense at all? In the end, we collectively decided to extend the benefit of the doubt and not warn you.

The second one came in this morning concerning the post that got you warned. It was decided - I won’t reveal how - that you were trolling for reaction. Your intent may be sincere but you were going about it in such a way as to intentionally provoke a reaction. That’s what got you the warning.

Learn from this. You can be a valuable poster. I believe that. But if you persist in designing your arguments in such a way as to provoke reactions as well as debating you may continue to pick up warnings. You won’t enjoy that.