This Time Last Year, I Posted That I Was At The End Of My Rope: An Update

Hello Doper friends. I just wanted to provide a year-in-review sort of update to this thread from last year.

A lot has happened since then. I’ll give just the general highlights.

For one thing, I took my therapist’s advice and stopped sitting around feeling sorry for myself. I made some new friends, which is not easy when you are a newcomer to an insular, small town. Fortunately, thanks to Dungeons & Dragons, the DM of the only local group and I have become BFFs.

That has made a yuge difference. Something to look forward to besides being here in my house all day, every day, plus having a confidant to talk to. It’s been a boon.

I’ve also gotten my financial house in order - somewhat. I’m making more money now than I was at this time last year (knock on wood), but I’m still self-employed and always on the razor’s edge of failure. But that’s a problem for another day.

Anyway, I’d like to thank all of you who were helpful to me at the time. It was nice to know that I wasn’t alone, and that a community of strangers has my back.

The happiest of happy new years to all of you.

I wasn’t tracking your thread from last year, but I’m glad things have improved. I hope the new year is also an improved one.

I hope this year kicks ass for you!

Happy New year Homie! Sounds like you are doing much better.
You got this!

Good news to start a new year! Best of luck, I hope things continue in a positive direction for you.

This is excellent news, thank you for catching us up.

So what can we help you with this year?

Jenny
your humble TubaDiva