Thor in comics other than Marvel?

One of my favorite comic book characters is Marvel Comics’ version of the Norse God of Thunder, the Mighty Thor. I was wondering about any other versions of Thor depicted by the various comic book publishers out there. I only have a very vague recollection of the DC version of Thor – I think he once appeared in a Wonder Woman comic book way back in the late 1970s, but my memory may be faulty. I just cannot recall any other versions of the Thunderer right now; nothing springs to mind! Can any comics-loving Dopers enlighten me on other versions of the character? Links to pics or lists of appearances would be appreciated!

He’s been in DC’s Sandman, as a hugely muscled half-wit with no table manners. Can’t find an image online, though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor_(comics) has a small list of appearances in various comic books but I have no idea how expansive it is.

Thor showed up in Bill Willingham’s Elementals comic.

Liefeld did a Thor for Image back in the 90s… He was lame.

Thor, or an imposter thereof, appeared in the All-Star Squadron series.

A red-haired Thor appeared in a Superman/Wonder Woman team-up not too many years back, desperately needing them to battle the enemies of Asgard for a thousand years.

Thor appeared in some Classics Illustrated special issues, IIRC. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen him elsewhere.

He certainl has shown up in written literature. I just read Lester Del Rey’s Day of the Giants recently. Both Loki and Thor are major characters, with the other Norse gods showing up as well. I’ve wondered if Stan Lee read it and gt the idea for his comic book from this. Th story dates back to the 1940s, but as reprinted in paperback in the late 1950s, just in time for the big Marvel revival.

He might have gotten the idea from L. Sprague de Camp and Fletcher Pratt;s “Harold O’Shea” stories (reprinted as “The Incompleat Enchanter”, and variations thereof). IIRC, one of the early ones has Harold visiting the land of the Norse gods.

Thor always seems to be depicted as a red-haired, heavily bearded fellow with an ordinary-;looking hammer in all of these, nothing like th Mrvel version, with long yellow locks, clean shaven, and havin a blue shirt with four big circles on it.

John Byrne included him in a New Gods storyline 10-15 years ago. A Golden Age “Sandman” story (possibly by Simon & Kirby) featured him, and was reprinted in the 70s in one of those “100 Page Giant” compilations. I think Alan Moore included him, with the rest of the Aesir, in an issue of Top 10. He’s typically depicted in an unheroic light by DC.

[QUOTE=CalMeacham]
He might have gotten the idea from L. Sprague de Camp and Fletcher Pratt;s “Harold O’Shea” stories (reprinted as “The Incompleat Enchanter”, and variations thereof). IIRC, one of the early ones has Harold visiting the land of the Norse gods.QUOTE]

The first one - “The Roaring Trumpet” - when a planned visit to Old Ireland went somewhat astray. And a damn fine story it was too.

I remember seeing the comic ululate mentions. In a thousand years, or maybe two, Supes and WW never once made out, in spite of much temptation, 'cos he was married back in his regular timeline. What a hero. And indeed, during the course of the war Thor himself got croaked, though ISTR it all came out OK in the end.

In Top Ten, isn’t Thor one of the Norse gods in that bar where the Tenners investigate an eternally-recurring murder?

In Last Days of the JSA (ha!) there were DC versions of many Norse dieties, including Thor.

He’s also appeared in some Image comics most notably in Supreme.