Thought I would finally sign up........

Hey Now Everybody…

After reading the Straight Dope for many years, and this board for the past several, I decided to finally sign up. I hope I can contribute on occasion, but I dont have the razor sharp wit that many of you seem to posess.

I do love music ,travel and a cold beverage so I imagine Cafe Society will probably be my best bet. Looking forward to joining in with you all.

Just wanted to say hello from Salt Lake City, Matthew

Welcome to the Boards!

Valete,
Vox Imperatoris

Hello MPB in Salt Lake, be welcome. Enjoy your stay! :slight_smile:

If razor sharp wit were a requirement, I sure as heck wouldn’t be here.

Good to have ya here!

Welcome!

Welcome, MPBISL! (Hmm, Mundane Pointless Bitching I Seem to Like? I keed, I keed.) I hope you like it here!

Glad to have you here. :slight_smile:

But wait just a minute—you ain’t one of them America-hatin’ libruls, are ya? We don’t take kindly to them here.

cocks shotgun

Valete,
Vox Imperatoris

An America-hating librul from Salt Lake City???

What an imagination you have!

Welcome aboard, from a soon-to-be-Utahn.

They’re everywhere these days. I blame President Bush. :wink:

Valete,
Vox Imperatoris

Hey, more of us American-hating libruls in Salt Lake City County voted for President Obama than John McCain.

Thanks for the welcome everyone!!!

I have been wanting to sign up for a long time; I guess I was hesitant, but am now glad I went ahead. Its nice to finally be able to say hello.

I have always enjoyed reading the diverse opinions expressed here, and look forward to chiming in on occasion…

Have a great weekend, Matthew

Now if you would just walk straight down the corridor and take the second door on the left.

No, not the first… the SECOND. The squid has a tummyache and doesn’t want to be disturbed.

And did you bring pie? I like pie?

(and a grand welcome!)

Welcome to the boards. :slight_smile:

From this side of the pond:
if you are from Salt Lake City then you are polite, your surname is Osmund and you are a contestant on American Idol*. :eek:

*these documentaries are very helpful in learning about the US…

Welcome, welcome! Would you like some ice cream? It’s really [del]frisky[/del] fresh today.

Oh, Yeah? Well us American-hating libruls [del]in[/del] [that were smart enough to leave] Salt Lake City actually helped swing our state get President Obama elected! So there! :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome to the boards, MPB in Salt Lake, hope you enjoy the [del]initiation rites[/del] ahhh, [del]sheep[/del] ahhhhh …

When come back bring pie.

Deep dish apple.

And make certain you bring enough for your (slightly more [del]insane[/del] adult) neighbors in Nevada. Let the games begin!

Lucy