Time Machine in Madison, WI

Odd question ahead.

About 7 or 8 years ago I had a conversation with a friend of a friend of a friend at a party. We were talking about the biggest ball of twine and my odd attraction to roadside curiousities. He went on to talk about a junkyard that’s on the outskirts of Madison, WI. He said that the owner of the junkyard believed he was from another time and had started to build a time machine to go back home. (Of course. :rolleyes:) This guy went on to say that he had some pictures of it and it was the largest thing he’d ever seen build by one guy. He described it as the size of a football field, mostly made of stainless steel with a seat on top and large connectors that would have the electricity jumping back and forth.

Alright. The question is, is there/was there a junkyard in Madison, WI that housed this? I’d love to see it (if it hasn’t gone back to its proper time, ya know).

Sorry. I grew up in Wisconsin and spent 4 1/2 years in Madison (about 7 or 8 years ago) and saw many, many memorable crazy people there, but I have absolutely no recollection of a crazy guy with a junkyard time machine.

I’ve lived here since 1993 and have never heard of this. Which isn’t to say it doesn’t exist, because I’m pretty oblivious to the world around me.

I lived in Madison from 2035 to about 2039 and never saw anything…err, um, never mind.

Maybe it will someday show up in Madison. Maybe your friend was from the future and saw it, then came back here to report on it, not realizing that it had not been built yet. Maybe it was here already and the guy left with it, moving it into the future. Maybe you’ll sprout wings and fly to the moon.

MadCity has been in a timewarp for quite a while.

Let’s do the time warp again!

:smiley:

This story may be a variant on rumors about the superconducting electron storage ring that was talked about in the late 70’s. As big as a football stadium, it was supposed to be built under the quonset huts on the engineering campus. I don’t know how real the plans were at the time, or what became of them, but there is a great big synchrotron out there somewhere now.

Could it have been the forevertron?

I think that’s it!!!
When I clicked on the location page, it mentioned “Delaney’s” which clicked in my head that that was the name of the junkyard he had mentioned.
Thanks so much!