Tina Fey's Scar finally explained

When I read the article I had a flashback to 1993 when I was living in Evanston while in grad school. I had a roommate who was an aspiring Chicago-area theater director. She had a good actress friend who I saw occasionally. I don’t remember the friend’s name, but she had a prominent scar on her cheek. The roommate told me that the friend got the scar when she was slashed by a stranger in her front yard when she was quite young. I still remember the story because it was just such a bizarre thing to have happened to someone.

Hmmm…Chicago area…actress…scar on cheek from bizarre stranger incident in front yard…the friend must have been Tina Fey!

Exactly. That permeates the entire article. It was seriously baffling.

It’s an interview with a brilliant, stunningly gorgeous woman (who, as a gay man, I would go straight for in a picosecond) and they spend half of it picking apart her body. Wtf?

Any truth to the rumor that Sarah Palin is having surgery to put a scar on her face so she can look more like Tina Fey?

A lot of us un-gay guys are still speculating about Tina’s gash.

Well, she only came out in front of the camera after losing 30 pounds, and she speaks about her own big butt, boobs, hips. It’s clearly a topic she talks about openly.

But Tina Fey is rail thin. Even with 30 extra pounds, she’d be very far from fat. And no one could ever look at her face and think “ugly”, it’s just not possible.

The whole thing read like a giant whoosh.

I completely agree with you–she’s tiny. I’m not sure where the butt she refers to is. But somehow people like her and Jennifer Aniston only got on-camera work after losing 30 pounds…??

I also could’ve sworn the real story has been discussed on the board before.

It’s the Vanity Fair style: I’ve read Maureen Dowd’s New York Times column plenty of times, and her Rolling Stone piece on Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert - I don’t think she’s that interested in fashion either, but Vanity Fair wants that stuff. A former professor of mine said they call it “the fabulizer” over there. The thought of putting his writing through that apparently convinced him not to do an article for them at one point in the past.