Tiny insignificant things that just bug the hell out of you

Gggggggggggggggggggg.

Gggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Ghgggggggggghggghhhhhhghhhhhhggggggggggggg!!!

Thank you.

The sound of someone slurping soup. It makes all the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. If you slurp your soup in the same room as me, I will leave the fucking* room.

People who wait in a long, long, long line and then take their sweet time when they get to the head of it. Look, state your business. Have your deposit slip filled out. Have the right ID with you at the DMV. Don’t dump out the entire contents of your purse looking for a pen - use the one that’s conveniently attached to a little chain for your writing pleasure. All the people behind you would cheerfully rend you into pieces.

I’m sure I’ll think of more.

*[sub]Just for Zenster.[/sub]

When I have left it too long to replace the green scrubby thing that I use on the dishes, and then I use it and it deposits this invisible sticky shit on my fingers that WON’T COME OFF no matter how much I scrub my hands. Argh!!

Tiny insignificant things that just bug the hell out of me

The sales manager at my former company.
The HR director.
The CEO.
All my co-workers who got their jobs by being friends of the CEO’s wife.

Thank you.

–sublight.

Republicans.
Toilet seats in public restrooms that are still warm.

People who spit when they’re talking to you. I don’t mean little flecks from being all Shakespearian, I mean turning their heads and expectorating on the ground.

Gnats and/or fruit flies that choose suicide by flying into your mouth or eyes…“I regret nothing!!! GULP!”

People who pronounce it “Warshington, DC”.

People who leave drawers and closet doors open.

People who ask you a question and when you answer say “Huh?” Why ask a question if you are not going to hear my answer?

People who say “Huh?” “Huh” is not a word; it’s the sound you make when you are trying to vomit.

People who don’t listen and think it’s okay cause “I can’t hear you.” What an excuse for plain bad manners.

[li]Callers that talk ridiculously fast, then when you tell them to slow down, they think you’re a retard and put a 3 second pause after each word.[/li]
[li]ALL of the computers the college library are never used to look up resources or facts, just used either for email, online chess, or chat. There’s 6 empty computer labs around campus to do that crap, people![/li]
[li]Drivers that go 100mph then suddenly go the speed limit and tailgate you. The only reason I can of why they do that is defective or sensitive radar detectors.[/li]
[li]Waking up at 6am, getting ready for school, leaving the house at 7am, driving for an hour in heavy traffic, and then finding out your 8am class has been cancelled for the day without advance notice. (4th time this happen to me in 2 weeks)[/li]
Managers that say they are never wrong, even though they break more rules than everyone else combined. And when you prove they did something wrong, they turn it around and blame you for it.

I should probably let this go, but…

Men who make a big deal about swearing in front of women. We are not children, and pedestals are for statues. (Besides, if you consider it inappropriate for women to hear such language, you probably have less than complementary feelings toward women who use it. And I’ll swear when I need to, thank you very much.)

Women who can’t talk without giggling.

Hippy-dippy writing textbooks that have chapter titles like “Representing Yourself: Creating Your Place in a Community” but absolutely nothing on structuring or organizing a research paper.

Telemarketers who can’t wrap their minds around the following simple concepts: not everybody is married, not everybody lives in a detached house that they own themselves, people living in the same household are not necessarily related, not every household contains a man.

There are probably others, but I’ll think of them later.

So far, no one has gotten my point. I do not think that it is inappropriate that women swear or the like. I think it is unacceptable for men or boys (for that matter) to spout foul language in the presence of people that they do not know. As a gentleman, I will nominate ladies first (as it were) for that courtesy.

Out of a quarter million words in the English language, anyone who relies excessively on a mere dozen of them to make daily conversation is pretty lame. Whatever happened to perspecacity?

Well, what bugs me is people who swear inappropriately, and by this I mean in any public situation or in company with people who are not 1) your friends, or 2) known to you. In other words, swearing is pretty much only acceptable in private amongst friends.

I get so tired of walking along a public sidewalk and overhearing other people’s conversations in which they are swearing up a storm. I am not someone who feels that children should be protected from everything in the world, but that kind of language is just not appropriate, and oftentimes there are kids around when people are swearing like that. Besides which, it’s just rude.

By the way, I spent my entire freshman year of college practically living in the computer lab because my roommate chewed with her mouth open and was a frequent gum-chewer. I couldn’t take it, so I just refused to be in the room at the same time as her. Ugh. The thought still sends chills down my spine.

[li]People who yell to me from another room. The woman who sits in the office next to me is constantly asking me questions, telling me information, etc. from her room. I can barely hear her and I hate screaming to be heard, so I just ignore her. If she wants to talk to me, she can walk in here and talk to me.[/li]
[li]Loud walkers.[/li]
[li]People who slam things around.[/li]
[li]People who come over to printer, look through all the papers that are on there, then leave them in a big mess. Everything that prints out then gets bent and wrinkled, or completely jammed in the printer.[/li]
[li]People with really loud voices. Loud laughs are the worst.[/li]
[li]People who feel the need to touch me when they’re talking to me (besides my husband, close friends, or family). I don’t know you…get your grubby paws off me! In the same vein - my boss has a habit of hitting me on the back when he makes a joke. It just about knocks the wind out of me every time. My husband is starting to wonder why I come home from work with bruises on me.[/li]
Can you tell that all I’m looking for is a little peace & quiet?

• Being tackled by someone THE MINUTE I COME IN THE DOOR at work; can you let me take my boots and jacket off and get used to the idea that I’m stuck here for another 8 hours before you start questioning/instructing/complaining to me?
  • People who spit on the sidewalk. This is the grossest habit known to mankind.
  • People who suck their snot anywhere that I can hear it. Excuse me, do you mind listening to the sound of me vomiting now?
  • People who let their dogs jump up on me. I know he’s just being friendly; I’m not scared, I’m pissed off. He just got my pants all muddy, scratched my arms, and ripped a hole in my shirt.
  • People who fiddle with themselves while talking to me (playing with their hair, picking zits, etc.)
  • People who make me repeat myself when I can tell they haven’t been paying attention. I know I speak quietly; I have to repeat myself legitimately often enough; don’t make me do it just because you were busy wool-gathering.

(BTW, on the swearing front - I agree whole-heartedly with Zenster. What is that old saying; “Swearing is the last refuge of the uneducated mind”, or something like that.)

Ugh. I hate that. Especially k instead of ok and o instead of oh. Yeesh. It’s not like typing is such a strenuous activity.

And people who say lol a lot really bother me. You know, those people who say it when things aren’t even remotely funny. It’s like:
person1: hold on a sec, i gotta pee
person2: lol
person1: um, yeah
person1: back
person2: so, whats new?
person1: stuff
person2: lol
Argh.

Really long fake fingernails

Dirty children (the ones that are always dirty with ratty looking hair) when the mother always looks like she just stepped out of a salon

Teeth scraping on silverware

Cars parked at an angle in a space (so I have OCD, sue me)

Shopping carts all over the parking lot

Cashiers who can’t count change

Really long fake fingernails

Dirty children (the ones that are always dirty with ratty looking hair) when the mother always looks like she just stepped out of a salon

Teeth scraping on silverware

Cars parked at an angle in a space (so I have OCD, sue me)

Shopping carts all over the parking lot

Cashiers who can’t count change

The phone rings, I answer it, the voice on the other end says “who is this?”. You called me - who the hell are you?

When I think of one more thing I want to add, hit the stop button, add the one more thing, submit reply, and discover the first one went through too. I’m such a putz!

A soon-to-be ex who, when leaving a message, says, “it’s me”

I’m very much the same way, but with extensions to other food and drink (slurping hot drinks, noisily eating pasta, etc.). My roommate is very bad about this; I don’t know whether he’s noticed the correlation yet between him starting to prepare food and me donning headphones.

A couple more:
[ul]
[li]People who eat in class. I know sometimes you have a block of classes, but at least try to be considerate to the people around you who are trying to pay attention. And fer chrissakes, popcorn?!?[/li][li]People who brag about skipping or sleeping through classes. If you don’t want to go to class, you don’t have to. But stop pretending you’re somehow wonderful because you’re not getting what you (or your parents) are paying great sums of money for.[/li][li]My suitemates who get water all over the bathroom. Is it really that hard to dry yourself off in the shower?[/li][/ul]

-Using the same color sparkly pen in my notes two classes in a row.
-People who take the elevator to 2 or 3. (Walk stairs unless you have a doctor’s note.)
-The girls shrieking in the hall before midnight. (After midnight it becomes justifiable homicide.)
-Running out of coke.
-Having to do laundry

I thought of some more:
[ul]
[li]Okay, I cut you off. I needed to get over to make my exit, and was trying to pass you, but you decided to speed up and go neck-and-neck, and even did the same thing when I slowed down. Finally I just cut you off. I’m an asshole, a fucking bitch and a waste of human flesh. But must you hold down your goddamn horn for three minutes? Or when I got rear-ended at the Harbor Tunnel: I’m sorry I’m fucking up your morning commute. Really. But I have to get out of my car and see how messed up it is. Honking for five minutes is not going to make me get in the car faster, or write down the other driver’s info faster. See me flipping you the bird? That translates into: I’m gonna really take my time now, jerkoff.[/li][li]This is a big one: The Harbor Tunnel and the Fort McHenry Tunnel are just highways with walls. The lanes are rather wide. It’s a two lane highway with really high walls, okay? There is so need to slow down to thirty miles per hour. You are not going to bounce off the side of the wall or spontaneously combust if you go five miles over the speed limit. It’s not really curvy, there are no surprise wicked turns. It’s a highway with walls, so stop acting like an idiot with nada brain cells and just drive.[/li][li]The guy who sits in front of me in Amer.Lit. class really hates me. I know he does. I was passing papers forward a few weeks ago, and he got confused, and when I tapped him on my back after waving them about for two minutes, he gave me a dirty look and said, “Do you mind?” I replied with a “Yes I mind, can you take the papers I’m passing forward like the professor said or should we re-route the system for you?” He replied, “Fuck off,” and I said, “Bite me!” So he hates me, fine. I am disgusted by the way he shoots his arm in the air and waves frantically every time the teacher asks a question. But does he have to give me a dirty, appraising look full or hatred every fucking time he sits down? Can he just let it go?[/li][li]The girl at work, who I generally like, who made a racist comment. I pointed out an extremely hot black guy, and she goes, “UGH! Too dark for me!” This from the girl who’s going through major family shit because her parents only want her to date Arabic men, and she dated a white guy. Isn’t it just perpetuating the problem by thinking like that? She’s certainly not any better than her parents.[/ul][/li]
So much anger. I think I need rage therapy.