To the fucktards in my apartment building

Have you not seen them trying to make improvements to the building over the last year?

New carpet in all public areas
New mail room
New paint in public areas
New trim in all public areas
Elevators redone - new flooring, each one shut down for six weeks at a time to bring them up to date, new paint on the elevator doors.

Then why are you fucking slobs? Your mommy doesn’t live here (and if she does, she’s still not responsible for the public areas). Sunflower seeds all over the elevator, stomped on and mushed into the carpet isn’t funny. Nor is it mature. If it was a couple I could accept that they were accidentally dropped - there’s a big difference between that and intentional.

The scratches on the new paint jobs? Yeah, that’s really cute. If it looked accidental, I could accept it, but this is a tic-tac-toe game. Ooooh…yeah, that’s nice.

Breaking the light covers in the elevator? Sure, that’s mature too. After all, the office staff is only here to clean up after you, right?
I generally really like my apartment building - it’s generally quiet and calm. There have just been some issues lately with other residents that are ridiculuous.

On the bright side, I shouldn’t think management is any happier about it than you are, and they’ll be gone as soon as they’re identified. I’ve never understood that mentality either. Makes me shudder to think what the inside of their apartment must look like.

Wow. That sucks. Are there a lot of students or families with teenage kids in your building?

Mine is mostly families with really young kids, and older, often retired people. We are students, but we are very quiet. There was new paint in some of the public areas painted a few months ago, and to my knowledge, nothing has been done to damage it. The superintendent takes no bullshit, and people know it, so they tend to be on very good behaviour. The entire building is having their windows replaced over the next 6 weeks (what a PITA that’s going to be), and I can’t imagine anyone doing damage to that.

The one thing I wish they would replace, though, is the elevators. They are old (this building is probably 50 years old or so) and aren’t in good shape. We just came out of a one MONTH period of one of the two elevators being out of service. Since the other elevator tends to be the one to break down, we were REALLY lucky it lasted throughout that time! It did break down again last week, but only for a day or so. The building has a “free” repair contract with the elevator company, and a new set would cost upwards of $100 000, but still…I hate the elevators here!

I hope they catch the vandals in your building and evict them ASAP! Stupid, disrespectful assholes.

I’ve never understood that sort of behavior either. “Yeah, it’s great fun to damage property. It’s FUN to destroy! We don’t have to pay for it.”

Immature and clueless. I hope the vandals get busted and kicked out. Here’s to a speedy eviction and some hefty fines!

Unless they are caught red-handed, they will be there until they choose to leave.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I must take umbrage with your previous post. Being a descendent of Vandals, Visigoths, and Huns, I find your remarks to be hurtful and in poor taste.

Sure, it was over a thousand years ago, and on a different continent, but still…

I eat spiders in my sleep, NCB

(For the humor impaired: Sod off!)

Bummer about the neighbours. Any chance of catching them?

The apartment I used to live in near the university here, the people across from me would have parties and some people that came to those parties would throw their beer cans/bottles off their second floor balcony. :mad: At least they hit grass and didn’t break… but still… I felt bad for the landscapers that had to pick it all up. Yes, I did tell the manager and the landscapers who was doing it. They got compliants all of the time for those people, but wouldn’t kick them out.

Also the little kids there would pull off the sprinkler heads :mad: :mad: :mad: and when the sprinkolers would go off water would shoot up higher than the buildings… what a waste of precious water here in the desert.