To the sons of bitches who put glossy flyers on my car windshield:

I live downtown. I park my car on the street across the road from my apartment building. Parking on the street is not ideal, but whatever. Parking is parking. Unfortunately this leaves my car readily accessible to being fucked with by every stupid motherfucker with something to advertise seeing my car as the most readily available medium to getting information directly to me.

Every once in a while, you maggots will put some glossy propaganda for DJ WhatTheFuckEver’s newest gig at Super Hot Club down the street on my windshield, attempting to temp me with $15 sink-or-swims and pictures of hawt girlz on the front. Most of the time this is merely annoying, another piece of shit to throw away a couple times a week. But today, today was a different day.

The glossy flyer strapped to my windshield underneath my wiper got wet last night, and now I have this fucking garbage essentially GLUED to my windshield!!! I have tried scraping it, scratching it, using washer fluid, *EVERYTHING AND THE GODDAMNED SHIT WILL NOT COME OFF!!!
If I see one of you fuckers putting any of this SHIT on my vehicle again, I will personally collect them from any parked cars in the vicinity and TAKE MY TIME SHOVING EACH ONE INDIVIDUALLY UP YOUR ASS! Nowhere in the history of anything has anybody ever pulled a flyer off their car and not been immediately enraged, and more so has actually taken the information into consideration and gone to a place that would engage in such slimy fucking behavior. It doesn’t work! And it pisses people off! And occasionally it ruins their windshields!!!

So rest assured, if I have to go to any great lengths to get this crap removed from my car, I will be sending you the bill. If I have to replace my windshield, YOU will be replacing it. AND DON’T TOUCH MY CAR!!!

That sucks, but there is a bright side.

You know who did it.

That is the only bright side, and I will be calling them if the offending material doesn’t come off in the next attempt to remove it.

IME, the people who put the flyers on cars are kids and border line homeless people. That is, temp worker who a paid very little, and don’t give a fuck.

You’re right to be pissed, but how will calling the one company stop all the other offending assholes?

Hey, at least you get invited to DJ WhatTheFuckEver’s Super Hot Club. All I get is old man shit like “WE BUY UGLY-ASS JUNK HOUSES.”

Are they the people who make the decision to print on glossy paper that will stick to glass if it gets wet? Probably not.

I think the OP should make a claim against the “Super Hot Club”, or whoever is responsible for publishing the flier, in whatever small claims tribunal is available, for the cost of replacing the windscreen. With a bit of luck, they won’t show up, and there will be judgment by default.

But the people who give those guys the flyers probably don’t realize that it’s causing this problem and if enough people call and complain they’ll probably stopping using the glossy flyers before they end up doing to some lawyer’s car.

Personally, and I’ve said this before, I think doing that should be considered littering and that they should be ticketed for it.

They’ll at least know who made that decision, or know someone who knows someone who made it.

I agree. But I gotta wonder how many folks who get these flyers are littering assholes themselves who throw them on the ground rather than dispose of them properly because THEY didnt want em.

Heh, when I was in grad school (a young grad student, only 22-25) I’d pass the front of the student union where all the frat guys were handing out flyers for frat parties, you know? Like they do. (Well, probably it’s all on Facebook now. Anyway.) So they’d be handing them out to every woman, especially, that passed by… except me. Thanks, guys! That was my first experience with really feeling like I was getting old. (Seriously, I was better looking than some of those girls! I know I was!)

Sadly, like all forms of extremely annoying and in-your-face advertising (junk mail, e-mail spam, telemarketing) it must work or else they wouldn’t keep doing it. If only 1 out of 100 people responds to the flyer, it’s worth it to them.

Where I park I get them about 2-3 times a month-the biggest offender is the local gym. Often at night after a long day I won’t see them until they start flapping in the windstream as I’m driving home-I then have pull over and yank the bastard spawn out from under my wiper, wasting a minute or three of my time to do so.

Now this is just bullshit. I throw that shit to the ground with relish. You wanna know why? Because if the parking lot is littered with tons of those things, the parking lot owners will eventually stop letting people put flyers on people’s windshields.

Someone puts trash on my windshield, they already littered. I just put the litter in a new place. It ain’t my job to clean up after everyone.

dnftt

Classy.

Let me guess. You smoke and drink from aluminum cans too?

I fricking hate flyers too but I put that shit where it belongs.

You were not displaying your “self esteem expires at midnight and I must have validation by having some frat boy pay attention to me even if I have to fuck him” flag.

You might need a razor blade scraper. That’s what I have to use to remove my university’s stupid parking sticker. God forbid they allow us hangtags that can transfer among vehicles.

The only reason I will be using a razor blade scraper is to cut off the balls of the person that I find out hired somebody to litter the neighborhood with this shit.

Why is everyobody on the OPs side an this. How do we know that the wind didn’t blow the flyer under his windshiled wiper, or maybe even he drove into the flyer as he was parking. And let’s not forget it seems he has ruined the flyer by trying to remove it.

I am sorry but the OP in this case is totally at fault.

Sincerely,
Guy who needs to take the opposite side of EVERYTHING

Thanks for getting that bullshit out of the way. Now, we can rest assured that no one will come poppin’ that shit at all.