today is....

My birthday!

It was also the day Archbishop Desmond Tutu was born, the day Yo-Yo Ma was born (I’m a cellist, so that one is nice for me).

It was also the day Edgar Allen Poe died.
And the day Marian Anderson made history in 1956 by being the first black woman to sing at the Metropolitan Opera.

Any one famous born on your birthday? Anything special happen?

I don’t know who first said “everyone’s a critic,” but I think it’s a really stupid saying.

Here’s the birthdays, youngest to oldest for 10/28:

Joaquin Phoenix, Julia Roberts, Jami Gertz, Griffin O’Neal (Tatum’s brother), Lauren Holly, Daphne Zuniga, Bill Gates, Annie Potts, Bruce Jenner, Telma Hopkins (of Tony Orlando & Dawn), Roy Rogers, Jr., Dennis Franz, Michael Crichton, Jane Alexander, Charlie Daniels, Joan Plowright, Edith Head (prolific Hollywood Costume Designer).

The Statue of Liberty was dedicated in 1886 on 10/28.

Zoot Sims, possibly the least physically attractive of any of the major jazz musicians, was born in 1925.

I have always tried to live up to my birthdate and emulate him as a tenor saxophonist.

Uke

I’m told that John Dillinger was shot on my birthday, but I’ve always been too lazy to look it up and make sure.

I have the same birthday as Arnold Schwartzenhoweverthehellyouspellit (July 30).

– Sylence

“The problem with reality is the lack of background music.” – Anon

More birthdays for 10/7.

Canadian political leader Louis Papineau.

Nobel prizewinning Danish physicist Niels Bohr.

William Laud, Archbishop of Canterbury.

Alfred Wallenstein, U.S. conductor, cellist.

Heinrich Himmler, German Nazi official.

Oliver North, U.S. marine, involved in Iran-Contra controversy.

John Cougar Mellencamp, U.S. singer

And something really odd…
American poet James Whitcomb Riley was born on this date in 1849. While working in Indiana he carried out a literary hoax. He wrote a poem called “Leonainie” in the style of Edgar Allan Poe. The Kokomo Dispatch printed it as an unpublished Poe masterpiece. Riley revealed his trick when scholars asked to see the original Poe manuscript.

“The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind.” - Humphrey Bogart

Pete,
Happy Birthday!
I once saw Yo Yo Ma in concert, which was nice for me :slight_smile:
Hope it’s a great one!!

Happy B-day Pete!
Mine is 4/24. I don’t know of anybody famous born on that day, but I do know that one year, when I was 10 or so, it was New Kids On The Block Day in Michigan. Sad, yes?

Cessandra

My Homepage
The RHPS: Website For Virgins
Both Updated More Often Than This Sig

My birthday is tomorrow, my time, and October 9th has:

Camille Saint-Saëns (cool!)
Jacques Tati (also cool!)
Fyvush Finkel
Donald Sinden
Brian Blessed (yay! one of my favourite actors!)
John Lennon (someone few people haven’t heard of)
Tony Shalhoub
Scott Bakula (Quantum!)
Michael Paré (eek!)
Savannah (double eek!)
Zachery Ty Bryan (oh dear…)

Not a bad selection, really. I’m happy :slight_smile:

“Waheeey! ‘Duck!’ Get it?”
“Errr… No…”
“Duck! Sounds almost exactly like fu-”

My birthday is February 22 - I share it with Edna St. Vincent Millay (coincidentally, one of my favorite poets)
George Washington
Ted Kennedy
Drew Barrymore

It seems that all of them have or had a big ol’ wad of vices, which is the only argument for astrology that’s ever made any sense to me… :slight_smile:

John Taylor of Duran Duran was born on my birthday.

I have the same birthday as Jimi Hendrix. :smiley: November 27th.

“I think he said ‘Blessed are the cheesemakers.’”

The luckiest day of the year, 7/13, shared with;

Patrick Stewart
Harrison Ford
Cheech Marin

I’m in good company.

Jeremy…

I can think of no more stirring symbol of man’s humanity to man than a fire engine - Kurt Vonnegut

I’m trying to remember…but I’m pretty sure I share my birthday (11/2) with Pat Buchanan.

< runs screaming from the room - Nooooooooo!!! >

“You have to laugh at yourself, because you’d cry your eyes out if you didn’t.”
-Emily Saliers

Jimmy Hoffa (February 14)

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

>^,^<
KITTEN
Coffee, chocolate, men . . . Some things are just better rich.

Happy Happy Pete!

You share your birthday with my sweet Cardigan Welsh Corgi. Her name is Crease. Check her out below:

http://corgi.ncn.com/~corgi/crease.html

I, on the other hand, was born on November 9th. Lou Ferrigno, Adalai Stevenson (former U.S. Vice President) and Carl Sagan were born on the same day.

Most common question I ask: “What?”
Most common question I get: “Are you really hearing impaired?”