Today's Question

If Today’s Question is ment for today, why isn’t it updated daily?

I presume this is in reference to Today’s Question on the Straight Dope Homepage. “Today’s Question” is usually updated every weekday, I think. I know that Cecil’s new column appears every Friday, and right now “Today’s Question” is still Friday’s column on manned space exploration. I think that a Classic Column (i.e., one of Cecil’s old columns) appears each Monday and Wednesday. If that’s right, then today’s Classic Column just hasn’t been added yet. There is also a new Staff Report every Tuesday and Thursday. These are written by Cecil’s lackeys, such as myself.

Since this is a question about this website, I’ll move this thread to ATMB.

bibliophge
moderator GQ

We’ve been having a li’l trouble at SDHQ, I keep tellin’ them not to pour vodka into the computer when it’s being slow, but do they listen? Consequently, we’re running a li’l off-schedule. Normally, Cecil’s newest column runs on Friday; Monday and Wednesday are “classic” columns by Cecil, and Tuesday and Thursday are Staff Reports by the Straight Dope Science Advisory Board (SDSAB), as bibliphage comments. So yes, normally, it is updated daily, and we’ll get back to that as soon as we can.

This week will probably be a trifle screwey since last week we didn’t change the home board on Thursday.