Tom Brady next season

He could get paid more in endorsements. I could see going to a team that’s on the cusp of something good, but Tampa Bay? Why not Pittsburgh?

Maybe, but what a shitty week. :frowning: What’s next? Maybe my wife will leave me. :rolleyes:

At least I won’t need to agonize next season about staying in to watch the game vs. going skiing. :wink:

They weren’t shopping. It was apparently them or the Chargers.

Oh, and for Pittsburgh they still have Ben and plan to start him.

Because he wants to be paid a comparable amount to other top QBs, something he’s never had in his entire career. He wants to be in a system where he has more of a voice in shaping the offence. Because he doesn’t really need to win another Super Bowl to solidify his legacy, but winning games in another system will enhance it.

Tampa, the Raiders, and the Chargers were the only teams left in the bidding. And frankly, none of them are real winners.

I’m crushed, but I wish him nothing but the best. From a logical standpoint, he’s clearly in decline and the Pats paying him $30 million did not make sense with their cap status. And from his position, it seems like the Pats are heading into a bit of a “bridge year” situation (credit to Theo Epstein for the phrase, which also presaged disaster when he used it) and I don’t blame a 43-year-old QB for not being on board with that project and wasting what could be his last year. It’s really nobody’s fault, it just is.

But I’m still upset. At least it’s something else to think about besides coronavirus.