Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Divorcing

You couldn’t handle it. :smiley:

Rupert Murdoch has been attacking Scientology recently. While I would have a hard time rooting for either side in a death match between the two of them, it is nice to see the Co$ have an enemy with pockets as deep as Murdoch. Apparently they tried to recruit his son Lachlan.

Good for Murdoch.

I think that Cruise is a total whackadoodle. His people have been very careful about controlling his image by pretty much keeping him silent, but the occasional slip where the real Tom has come out has left no doubt in my mind that he’s gone off the deep edge.

The most notable slips were the Oprah incident, the leaked Scientology recruitment video (which was mocked by Jerry O’Connell) and his interview with Matt Lauer, where he clearly believed that he knew the truthabout postpartum depression, and it was his RESPONSIBILITY to spread the word.

Several things trouble me about Holmes’ actions: The report that Cruise was blind-sided by her filing, that he’d just days ago reported that his marriage was great, that she filed when he was thousands of miles away, that she moved out immediately into another apartment, and that she immediately fired his bodyguard cronies. It appears that she’d been planning this for awhile, and playing along that everything was fine to her spouse. IMO, she’s either very calloused and calculating or she’s afraid of him.

Probably a healthy dollop of each, I would guess…

The weird thing: DNA testing showed she belongs to Michael Jackson.

Belongs to. Exactly. His estate holds rights to the semen/DNA found within.

If you don’t like any of his movies, then I would put you as a big film snob.

here’s a full list…

•Endless Love (1981)- Billy
•Taps (1981)- Cadet Captain David Shawn
•The Outsiders (1983)- Steve Randle
•Losin’ It (1983)- Woody
•Risky Business (1983)- Joel Goodsen
•All The Right Moves (1983)- Stefen
•Legend (1985)- Jack
•Top Gun (1986)- Lieutenant Pete ‘Maverick’ Mitchell
•The Color of Money (1986)- Vincent Lauria
•Cocktail (1988)- Brian Flanagan
•Young Guns (1988)- uncredited appearance as a ‘Cowboy’
•Rain Man (1988)- Charlie Babbitt
•Born on the Fourth of July (1989)- Ron Kovic
•Days of Thunder (1990)- Cole Trickle
•Far and Away (1992)- Joesph Donnelly
•A Few Good Men (1992)- Lieutenant Daniel Kaffee
•The Firm (1993)- Mitch McDeere
•Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles (1994)- Lestat de Lioncourt
•Mission Impossible (1996)- Ethan Hunt. Producer.
•Jerry Maguire (1996)- Jerry Maguire
•Without Limits (1998)- Producer
•Eyes Wide Shut (1999)- Dr William ‘Bill’ Harford
•Magnolia (1999)- Frank T. J. Mackey
•Mission: Impossible II (2000)- Ethan Hunt. Producer.
•The Others (2001)- Executive producer
•Vanilla Sky (2001)- David Aames. Producer.
•Minority Report (2002)- Chief John Anderton
•Narc (2002)- Executive producer
•Hitting it Hard (2002)- Producer
•Austin Powers in Goldmember (2002)- a cameo performance as Austin Powers (in the film ‘Austinpussy).
•The Last Samurai (2003)- Nathan Algren. Producer
•Shattered Glass (2003)- Executive producer
•Collateral (2004)- Vincent
•Suspect Zero (2004)- Producer (uncredited)
•War of the Worlds (2005)- Ray Ferrier
•Elizabethtown (2005)- Producer
•Mission: Impossible III (2006)- Ethan Hunt. Producer.
•Ask the Dust (2006)- Producer
•Lions for Lambs (2007)- Senator Jasper Irving
•Tropic Thunder (2008)- Les Grossman
•Valkyrie (2008)- Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg. Executive producer
•Knight and Day (2010)- Roy Miller
• Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol (2011)- Ethan Hunt. Producer
•Rock of Ages (2012)- Stacee Jaxx
•One Shot (2012)- Jack Reacherr. Producer
Not exactly the world’s most intellectual fare, but some good popcorn for the eyes in there…

Wait, whut? The elephant man sired Suri Cruise?!? :stuck_out_tongue:

Depends where they find the semen.
The last Cruise movie I came close to enjoying was Collateral. Only because I figured they wanted Richard Gere for the part (the grey hair), so I imagined him giving all the Cruise lines.

No. It was his (he owned it) semen, but it did not arise from his withered balls.

The French have the notion that just by walking in public you do not become a matter of public consumption; iow, there a paparazzi can get sued to the outskirts of the Solar System and back. Not sure whether “invasion of privacy” is codified in their criminal law or not (in Spain it is).

Many of the articles which come out of the US would be illegal if generated in other countries, due to the different definitions of what is and is not “public”.

She’s acting like an abused wife. And I don’t mean to imply physical abuse. The only thing thats missing is the restraining order.

Does “everything” include in the anushole?

What corkboard did or didn’t do with his/her girlfriend in college is way off topic in this thread.

oh my bad

Maybe we can open a separate thread to get some disclosure - I was also interested.

Is she a goer?

I think it will be interesting to see if her career recovers.

It will also be interesting if he picks up another woman under 33…

Thanks for that bit of information Nava. I didn’t know the paparazzi were so restrained in France and Spain. The US and UK seem to be the worst offenders.

I still don’t understand what you think they could have done/do. I’m serious, I’d like to know. Throw out some suggestions.

You and others see a picture like this one, and cluck disapprovingly. But there’s another side to that picture.

Now look at this picture.

And this picture.

And this picture.

And this picture.

And this picture.

And this picture.

And this picture.

And this picture.

I could keep going. That’s what Suri Cruise has had to deal with EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. she’s taken outside since the day she was born. If she’s taken to the park or out to eat, the paps use telephoto lenses to get pictures. And people (not you) talk shit about her sometimes looking disheveled, tired, pouty, unhappy, being carried, clutching a security blanket, acting like a little diva. She can’t do anything in public without being photographed and judged. Like you, I feel sorry for her, but Katie seems like a good mom and I hope she turns out ok in spite of having a crazy dad and the paparazzi.

I do disagree that pictures of Suri are everywhere. I have seen some in the past, but generally I rarely see them. It usually happens when I click on a link here at the Dope for an unrelated topic and at the place I’m taken there’s something in the sidebar about Suri. I usually avoid looking at pictures of Suri. Not to say I never have, but generally I just don’t click through. They’re out there, but I don’t have to look at them. I’ve just seen more pictures of Suri Cruise in the last few minutes while looking for those paparazzi shots than I have since she was born. Just scanning the pictures on Google Images she only looks unhappy when she’s being swarmed but most often she seems to handle them pretty well considering. Better than a lot of people would.

She is a cutie, and her parents are famous, so I can kinda see the paparazzi’s interest, but I wish the days when kids were off limits unless they were at an official function were still with us.

That’s disgusting.

If I were king for a day all those paparazzi (they don’t deserve to be called photographers) would be locked up.