Tomorrow, I go to prom

“The” Prom sounds better to me. Not to be confused with The Proms (to which I always go).

We don’t have Proms here (although we did have a Leaving Ball - see pretty picture here (I’m the one in the red dress)). Is “prom” short for something?

Hope you had a great time, Ender_Will!

I beg to differ – the school I was temping at last week (supervising the computer lab – snore) had their prom last night. A blatant import of a US tradition, true, but it’s hit the UK nonetheless.

Ender, take lots of mental snapshots! You will remember this forever.

As a teacher, I found proms to be thrilling! The same rascals that I had struggled with all year would be transformed into beaming and gracious adults. We would really “connect” on prom night and become aware of our mutual admiration and respect. It was like giving birth!

Awww. I hope that Ender_Will had a good time. My last prom was at the beginning of this month, and it was a blast. Definitely somewhat of a hokey tradition, but it can be a lot of fun. If I was any braver, I’d post pictures of me and Catalyst and our friends, but I’m not.

Aw, please Searching? How can we fogies live vicariously through you young uns if you don’t post pix? :smiley:

Well, I have returned.

A brief summary:
7:00- I pick her up, pictures get taken, her dad tells me, “I think you’re responsible enough that we don’t need to have The Talk.” more of a joke than anything else, but a pretty good way to handle it.
7:30- We meet everyone else for group pictures, everyone’s parents are there (good call everyone who said to let my mom come)
8:00- Go to dinner
9:00 to about 11:00- Have debates about when we should show up at the hootananny, drive around in completely the opposite direction, show up unanounced and unexpected at one of my friend’s houses because we were in the area
11:00- Get to [the] prom, more pictures are taken, I dance like an idiot, am blown away by how many people I know (she goes to a different school, and I graduated last year)
12:30- Go to my house, eat some cake, change clothes
1:30-5:00- After-prom. It’s this school sponsored thing whith various refreshments, fake gambling, raffles and a hypnotist, all to persuade people not to get drunk and fuck like stoned test bunnies
5:30-6:30- Go bowling. I roll a 171, not bad for not having played in at least 8 months, when my alltime high is 180. Doesn’t really relate, but it is MPSIMS.
7:00- Get breakfast
8:00- Drop her off, go home and pass out for a few hours

All in all, I had a really good time, better than I expected actually. I’m still really tired, gonna sleep some more (then go out tonight and play paintball tomorrow…aaaahh the resiliance of youth). Well, not much else to say, except thanks again for putting up with the pointlessness of half my posts and your kind words and advice. Oh,yeah, one thing. When I get the pictures, if she’s OK with it, and if I can scan them, can I email them to someone to post? I have no website or idea about how to set up a gallery like FairyChatMom

I dont like it when people say “the Prom”. It just irritates me. It’s like when people say “the cancer”, as in “my uncle’s just died of the cancer”. It just soulds funny.

ummm, just in case I didn’t make it clear - the prom photo album is there for anyone who wants to upload prom pics. Just go to the site and hit “Add Photo” That’s why I created it.

And, Ex, if you want to see me, you gotta go to my pseudo homepage.

Well, I must be an idiot. Your daughter’s really cute, but I couldn’t find any pictures of you. I guess I’ll have to extrapolate.

Older, wiser, more experienced…

hmmm

On review, the “pimp” comment wasn’t remotely funny. You have my most abject apologies.