Tonight I am releasing ONE MILLION spiders on to the SDMB

I still don’t know if all you’re doing now is CYA after 20 people told you what a retard you were. You sure seemed serious for the first 15 posts in that thread.

If you weren’t, I don’t see how you meant that post as a joke. A joke on who? A joke intended to make someone laugh?

Trunk has caught me everyone. I planned to jeopardize a life long career in laboratory medicine for a stupid and unethical, as well as mean stunt on coworkers. I also really did obtain three tremendously huge spiders from said “rare pet shop” conveniently in the town in which I live. I also think that said arachnids have a true affinity for clocks, whilst I drop a link for an internet-wide subculture mention of the so-called “clock spider”.

As I said earlier. It was a joke for myself that I found funny. Even the first person who replied (ScaryFaerie) admitted to responding with some over the top ideas because of her own fear of spiders. Sometimes people who have phobias about a particular thing enjoy fantasizing about simulated confrontation.

I said I was sorry to everyone who thought it was real, and as soon as I realized that I hadn’t dropped enough hints that I was just acting silly I came forward.

That’s kind of drastic. How about using some side cutters and clipping off all his valve stems. No permanent damaged but a real pain in the ass.

Well, shame on you, young man. This will show you.

Brutus ain’t here, man.

“Shot down?” Why?

Also: “Gotcha ya?” Really? How do you figure?

-FrL-

It can’t not.

I have to admit, I was impressed at a joke – on a board where people devote entire threads to ranting against “recreational outrage” – that ended up with dozens of “Oh, won’t someone please think of the spiders!!!” posts.

Truly an achievement, and if there was a golf-clap smiley, I’d let the OP have it.

I would have gone with ONE MILLION BARKING SPIDERS…

I have to admit, I initially thought you were serious, and it wasn’t until people started bringing up how cruel it would be to the spiders that I gave it much thought. I’m glad you’re not actually releasing cute, cuddly little spiders to their certain doom. :slight_smile: