Too many liberals spoil the broth

That’s great! It’s the part you were born to play!

ETA: that’s a good one by greenslime1951. Now that’s going out on a high!

In case anyone is wondering, here’s the thread that greeny was complaining about:
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=661677&page=4
Post 151 contains the insult to greeny.
Post 156 contains the responding insults by greeny.
Post 157 formally warns greeny.
Post 158 warns the person who launched a single insult against greeny.
It’s hilarious how greeny calls for civility while at the same time being unable to restrain himself from launching personal attacks. Self awareness isn’t one of his strong points.

This is an amazing display of selective reading–or outright lying: consider the source.

It was not OK for anyone to call you names. As has already been pointed out, that poster was also Warned for his behavior. In addition, we explicitly refrained from issuing multiple other Warnings in the same thread for the other posts in which you hurled insults on the grounds that we would treat all your abusive behavior as a single incident. Then you go into the wrong forum, (IMHO), and fraudulently claim that the person who insulted you was not Warned.
And, of course, you have been around long enough to know that the appropriate response to insults is to report them, not to respond in kind, so that lame excuse just makes you look like a whiner.

Neither failing to read for comprehension nor outright dishonesty are admired traits on this MB, so I doubt that we have lost anything but a PITA with your departure.

His post is his cite, I presume.

In their defense, you do seem like a pretty big dumbass.

Fuck you and the ideological horse you rode in on.

Fine. Yours appears to have bought the farm, so the rest of us will continue to beat it mercilessly until boredom finally sets in and we move along to meaningful threads. Your pansy-ass lameness, disguised for your own benefit as martyrdom, is duly noted.

Glad to know I’m not the only one who thinks slimy is lying piece of shit.

Damn, September can’t come soon enough.

Anybody else getting tired of these douchebags who come in and argue 99% of the conservative platform with their mouths frothing and eyes rolling, then when someone draws the obvious walks-like-a-duck, they try to do a double-reverse backflip “yeah but I support semi-decriminalization of huffing paint thinner in cases of rape and incest! You don’t know me, you liberal stereotyper!” ?

This ought to be put under its own heading of trolling.

You need to add a comma between “are” and “for”, by the way.

Way to burn an alleged English Teacher :eek:

Weeeell there’s that, sure. Also your using the word “liberal” like it’s a slur and following it by “you people”. You know, it’s the subtle little tells.

That’s not true. Sorry. :frowning:

Citepanzees is funny. My problem with it is that people who complain about requests for cites are usually those who like to spout a lot of shit authoritatively.

Slimy was no different, mod rest his soul. Soon, please.

I realize that it belongs in the Pit, but really wish you could have sent it on the grand tour of all the forums before finally depositing it here. Unfortunately, I’m not clever enough (or patient enough) to work through his post and find bogus reasons to send off to the other forums.

Well, as long as he follows what he promises, that he is leaving for good, there will no need for banishment, but once again I can call them, I was expecting him not to make it to next week.

Keep in mind one of the cites slime was asked for was a link to one of the supposed non-conservative political posts he was claiming he had been making. And he was unable to provide any.

This is a guy who is unable to even cite himself.

tl;dr

and… cite?

No doubt greenslime1951 will leave a much-needed void here.

Oh, I have the theory that guys like greenslime are indeed aware that as soon as a cite is produced by them that we will notice right away what kind of poisoned wells they enjoy taking sips of.

As another doper noticed in the pit thread of his, his name is a riff on an AstroTurf anti-environmentalist site, no wonder one of his biggest failures was when he attempted to claim that it was well known that scientists **never **had looked at what the effects of global warming are doing to the entire GLOBE. :rolleyes:

What did he think the “global” part in global warming came from??? That it was not named correctly… :smack:

If a cite had been produced for that weapons grade ignorance item it would had to come from a Cultural Chernobyl site like answers in genesis

Mmm, wait a moment…

[Does a quick search]

Well, shit.

They demand also that we should teach the controversy there too, like if there it was a controversy there also, and you thought that they just stuck to biology!