"Top-10 episodes of Buffy" sez Joss Wheadon

Only one from this season. But yeah, that was a good one.

Link for full story and Wheadon’s commentary.

1. Prophecy Girl
  2. Conversations With Dead People
  3. Restless
  4. Becoming, Part II
  5. The Wish
  6. Doppelgangland
  7. The Body
  8. Hush
  9. Once More With Feeling
  10. Innocence

I can’t believe what a Buffy geek I’ve become but:

The First wasn’t pretending to be Tara, but that other girl… but I understand that was the original plan but negotiations broke down with the actress who played Tara.

Buffy geek? Who? Me?

But I only knew exactly the plots of all those ten episodes, just from the titles. That’s not geeky, is it?
:stuck_out_tongue:

It’s not Geeky until you start writing fanfic based on the episodes and plotting elaborate music vids around them. Then you have crossed a line…:wink: :smiley:

I think my top ten would be…

1. The Zeppo
  2. Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered
  3. Tabula Rasa
  4. Prophecy Girl
  5. Graduation Day Pt II
  6. The Body
  7. The Gift
  8. Passion
  9. Hush
  10. Once More With Feeling

I think that I’m pleased that my very favorite’s are also Joss’ favorites.

For me:
10. Passion
9. Him
8. Whatever the season 6 finale was called.
7. What’s My Line Pt. 2
6. Once More With Feeling
5. Storyteller
4. The Zeppo
3. Hush
2. The Body

1. Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered

I thought that might be the case! I notice she’s one of the writers of the Buffy comic book. Did she leave under, um, dramatic circumstances? I want the dirt here!

(Nothing against Amber Benson; FWIW, I think she’s the most attractive woman ever on that series.)

Tara didn’t come back for the guest shot in S7 because Amber knew how much Tara meant to her fans, and she didn’t want to hurt them more by putting Tara’s face on the Ultimate Evil.
Well, that, and FOX wasn’t willing to offer as much money as she wanted in the contract negotiations. (I get the feeling, but I don’t know for sure, that she was going to make more than one guest appearance as the First if the contract negotiations had worked out.)

Grave

…seriously if that was Benson’s main reason for not appearing this season as the First (not wanting Tara to be a face of the ultimate evil)… She’s seriously out of touch with reality and is borderline retarded… That’s just my opinion though.

Wow.

That is such a layer of crude insults that I am amazed you could even type them, much less hit submit.

…What? I like Amber Benson. But seriously if that was her main reason for not doing it, she number 1, seems to not grasp that it is all fiction and that she should have no real say in what a fictional character that she portrays does for the sake of the show… and number 2… it’s a ridiculous reason.

And to communicate that, you used mental retardation as a slur for your disagreement with her choice.

Some people…

My top 10 would definitely include “I Only Have Eyes For You” about 2 poltergeists who inhabit the bodies of people at Sunnydale High to recreate a day 30 years earlier when the teenage student shot his teacher/lover.

Buffy and Angelus end up playing their reverse gender roles.

It was a nice reprieve from Angelus’ nasty streak and it was very romantic. And hard-assed Buffy learns a thing or two about the power of forgiveness.

As an added bonus, it actually illustrated that Boreanaz could do something other than brood. :slight_smile:

Could anyone be a star and give a quick synopsis for these episodes please? I know which episodes I like but i have no idea what they’re called!

I like your list better then the official one.

I would swap 1 and 2, and 3 and 4. I love The Zeppo, what a great episode. . .

Tuco, the link in the OP has synopses.

For the lazy & hurried, I’ll do a quick synopsis of Whedon’s list:

Spoiler space for those who may have gasp missed episodes.

10. Prophecy Girl - Season 1 - Buffy’s final showdown with the Master. Notable for her first death.
9. Conversations With Dead People - Season 7 - The First Evil uses the faces of loved ones to talk to Willow & Dawn. Buffy has an insightful conversation with a vampire.
8. Restless - Season 4 - Post-Adam. Everyone has strange dreams brought on by the spirit of the first slayer. The Cheese Man is also present.
7. Becoming, Part II - Season Two - Season ender. Buffy must send Angel to hell in order to save the world.
6. The Wish - Season Three - Cordelia wishes that Buffy had never come to Sunnydale. The alternate reality is a Sunnydale full of vampires.
5. Doppelgangland - Season Three - Carryover from The Wish. Vamp Willow gets pulled into regular Sunnydale.
4. The Body - Season Five - Joyce dies.
3. Hush - Season Four - Mostly silent episode involving The Gentlemen.
2. Once More With Feeling - Season Six - The Musical
1. Innocence - Season Two - Buffy gets it on with Angel, who loses his soul.

PunditLisa, I agree with I Only Have Eyes For You. Allow me to amend my list & add that, um, somewhere.

And thank you, elf6c.