Top 6@6 Week 25 Supplemental Poll: Post Your 6 Favorite Tracks By Jeff Buckley

Subtitled: Before there was Chris Isaac, there was the The Tragic Singer / Songwriter Jeff Buckley Supplemental Poll

First: The Who’s, What’s, Where’s & Why’s of the Supplemental Poll

In an attempt to squeeze as many bands in the shortest amount of time possible, The Monday 6 @ 6 Poll, is once again featuring a supplemental poll. A couple weeks ago, ** bibliophile** requested we run a “Jeff Buckley 6@6 Poll” in The Café Society…Here it is. This supplemental poll, like the regularly scheduled ** Jimmy Buffett** thread will be closed and tallied 7 days from today, Monday October 14, 2002 at or about 6PM EDT. Results from both polls will be posted a few minutes later on that same day in Week #26’s regularly scheduled Beck 6 @ 6 Poll.

Second: The Poll & How it Works

It’s simple enough, post your 6 favorite songs by the artist. Personal observations, opinions, liner notes, comments and the like are always welcome but are in no means required.

Third: The Supplemental Poll Artist’s Discography (Reader’s Digest Version)

If your memory of the featured artist isn’t exactly up to speed, here’s a link to the mostly posthumous discography with 30 second cuts of some of track previews when you drill down through the albums: Live At L’olympia  Mystery White Boy  Sketches For My Sweetheart The Drunk  Grace  Live From The Bataclan  Eternal Life.

Lastly: The Supplemental Poll Artist of the Week

Without further ado, the man whose looks & talent I covet: Jeff Buckley.
If you have any indie label Gods & Monsters tracks you’d like to nominate, please feel free.

Here are my 6 Jeff Buckley selections:

1. Corpus Christi Carol
  2. Hallelujah / I Know It’s Over
  3. Lilac Wine
  4. Kick Out The Jams
  5. Lover, You Shoulda Come Over
  6. Last Goodbye

So tell us…What are your 6 favorite tracks by Jeff Buckley?

Thanking you all in advance. Have a great week.

1. New Year’s Prayer
  2. Yard of Blonde Girls
  3. Lover, You Should’ve Come Over
  4. Sky Is A Landfill
  5. Last Goodbye
  6. Hallelujah

Only one artist could earn their own 6@6 with only one pre-humous album. (new word!) Unfortunately, I have heard very few of his posthumous work, so this is almost a case of my six favourite tracks from Grace. This almost doesn’t matter; it’s a great album.
So, my list, with no comments or numbers is:

Hallelujah
Last Goodbye
Everybody Here Wants You
Grace
Lover, You Should Have Come Over
So Real

1. Hallelujah
  2. Lilac Wine
  3. Dream Brother
  4. Last Goodbye
  5. Mojo Pin
  6. Lover, You Should Have Come Over

Man, for someone with only two “proper” albums, this shouldn’t be so bloody hard…

1. Everybody Here Wants You
  2. Grace
  3. Yard of Blonde Girls
  4. Hallelujah
  5. Last Goodbye
  6. Lover, You Should Have Come Over (incidentally, if there was a top 6@6 for all artists, this track would probably be on it. What a beautiful song.)

Oh, and to echo a sentiment posted in the Jimmy Buffett thread, we really should have a Sheryl Crow poll. And a Counting Crows poll would complement it very nicely.

[list=1]
[li]Hallelujah[/li][li]Lover, You Should`ve Come Over [/li][li]Corpus Christi Carol[/li][/list=1]

Jeff Buckley had one of the best voices i’ve ever heard, i Love his stuff!!
6. Hallelujah (he makes it his own!)
5. Grace
4. Mojo Pin
3. Dream Brother
2. Lover You Should’ve Come Over

1. Last Goodbye
  1. Grace
  2. Corpus Christi Carol
  3. Yard of Blonde Girls
  4. Lover You Should’ve Come Over
  5. Hallelujah
  6. Last Goodbye

Thanks for the poll! I just couldn’t let him be left out. However, limiting my choices to six is difficult, but here are my six.
6. Je N’en Connais Pas Le Fin
5. So Real
4. Hallelujah/I Know It’s Over
3. Lover You Should Have Come Over
2. Everybody Here Wants You

1. What Will You Say