Top Five Most Played Songs?

My iTunes has a playlist listing my 25 Most Played Songs. I thought it’d be interesting to see what everyone’s top five were. (Top 25 seems like overkill.) Also, just wondering, is everyone’s list as homogenous as mine? Two artists are responsible for nine of the top ten songs on my list.

My top five:
(1) “Snapback” Old Dominion
(2) “Caravan” Kygo remix (original by Passenger)
(3) “Take On Me” Kygo remix (original by a-ha)
(4) “Cut Your Teeth” Kygo remix (original by Kyla La Grange)
(5) “Can’t Afford It All” Kygo remix (original by Jakubi)

I don’t listen to very much of my iTunes library, so this is not going to be a good representation, but I have

1. Wouldn’t It Be Nice - The Beach Boys
  2. You Still Believe in My - The Beach Boys
  3. Our Lips Are Sealed - The Go-Gos
  4. Dirty Mind - Prince
  5. When You Were Mine - Prince

Thing is, I can’t remember the last time I listened to any of those songs. I mean, I certainly have within the last year, but that appears to be a snapshot of what I was listening to closely a couple years ago.

Yeah, pulykamell, I know what you mean. I used to have the top 25 most played on my laptop, but since I don’t listen to music on my laptop much I wasn’t confident in the accuracy of the list. But now that list is showing up on my phone, and since my phone is the primary thing I use to listen to music, I trust the list now!

It wasn’t all that long ago that I had to reset all my play counts but this is a pretty good estimation.

Too Be Alive Again - Journey
Think - Aretha Franklin (from the Blues Brothers album)
Sing - Pentatonix
Back To Shalla-Bal - Joe Satriani
Hell’s Bells - Hayseed Dixie

Hmmmm… guess I listen to my Foo Fighters playlist more than I thought.

1. Rope
  2. Monkey Wrench
  3. All My Life
  4. DOA
  5. Times Like These

Suite-Judy Blue Eyes, CSN
In My Life, The Beatles
Layla, Derek and the Dominos
Gringo Honeymoon, Robert Earl Keen
The Kids Are Alright, The Who
I listen to my iPod several hours a day while in the car, so this is a pretty representative sample.

Funny story, that Journey song is now in my Top 25. I listened to it yesterday and liked it, so I downloaded it. I played it right before bed, then started putting together a playlist on my phone. I thought it was distracting to listen to music while making a playlist, so I turned the sound all the way down on my phone and forgot the song was playing at all. It ended up playing on repeat all night long as I slept, so now it’s the #14 most played song on my phone.

No iTunes but from YouTube and best guess I would say

1. Snowblind Friend (John Kay version)
  2. Thunk (JA)
  3. Minstrel in the Gallery (Jethro Tull)
  4. Zero the Hero (Cannibal Corpse)
  5. Sick of You (Gwar)

Cinderella - Firefall
If You Only Knew - Shinedown
Wherever You Will Go - The Calling
Strange Magic - ELO
Sunburn - Fuel

Many Led Zeppelin songs are in a tie with the above