Toys!

Catrandom–I had tons of Kiddles. They were THE thing for a while when I was in grade school. It started with the ones you could wear like jewelry. My mother kept them all and I now have the pleasure of watching my two-year-old daughter dragging them around when she visits Grandma’s house. Mine wouldn’t be collectible, though, they are far too well used. I have a few of the large and tiny jewelry ones, a couple of perfume bottle types, a few of the fancy fairy tale characters (Sleeping Beauty, and Little Bo Peep) and some others.

Ah, we must be of a similar age, cher3! I had the jewelry ones, too, and the perfume bottle ones, and the nurse (Florence Niddle?)and a ton of others. Turns out there are lots of Kiddles and accessories on ebay; it was cool looking at the pictures. I remember the tiny ones that came in plastic flowers, too.

(Memories, like the corners of my mind …)

Catrandom

My Secret Sam Briefcase

It held a camera, a decoder, a pistol of some sort, and, IIRC, a telescope. The pistol was mounted inside the briefcase so that it could be fired without opening the briefcase.

I hope no Columbine wanna-be’s read this.

Does anyone remember the racing cars that had the plastic “rip cord” kinda thingy with the teeth in it - you’d put it in the car, then pull it back out real hard (the teeth on the plastic thingy would grab some kind of gear in the car and make this wheel go really fast) to make it go? My brother and I used to race those constantly…

I know, I know, no one has any idea what I’m talking about do they…

Missy2U, I remember those rip cord car thingies! My brother had some, we used to love to wreck them into the walls and furniture. I have no idea of what they were called.

“The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.” Albert Einstein

Missy, my cousin used to have a set of those ripcord-powered motorcycles (if I remember correctly, one was Evel Kenevil (sp?) and came with a ramp for jumping) as well as a Batmobile (old school, of course…this was circa 1977 or something.)

Lite Brite and Lincoln Logs (I promise I won’t lose any of the pieces this time.)
Etch a Sketch!
I have a secret! I still have my Spirograph. . . shh! :slight_smile:
Connect 4, even though no one ever wanted to play :frowning: ::sniff::

White Wolf

“Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defense.”

“Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.”

I can’t believe I forgot my all-time-favorite-toy! My Little Ponies! I must have had 30 of those things.

White Wolf

“Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defense.”

“Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.”

For me it has to be:

-Slip 'n Slide

-Pogo Ball - looked like a planet with rings around it. I used to jump all day on that thing

-G.I. Joe action figures. Onece we got bored with them (my brothers and I), we would set them on fire. I remember we melted Lady J’s foot into Cobra Commander’s chest.

-Transformers. I still have the one in its box with all the decals there. It’s not the O.G. ones it’s the turquoise colored ones (forget what the name is, and I am not digging into my memory box to go and find it! :)).

‘The beginning calls for courage; the end demands care’

toys are my weak spot…my kids have a roomful. i have a roomful.
some of the ones in my room

lite brite
etch a sketch
wooly willy
magic eight ball
mr potato head
barrel of monkeys
perfection
slinky
rubiks cube
kaleidascope
hoberman sphere
silly putty
snoopy-in-the-box(my favorite)

i can go on and on… and these are mine. my kids play with them of course, but they know they stay in my room… on my “toy table”

so you found a girl who thinks really deep thoughts. what’s so amazing about really deep thoughts? Tori Amos

hmmm. i don’t think i really answered the question since those are the toys i still play with today-2 i remember really loving to play with when i was a kid-- a Pele’ doll that kicked soccer balls and an Evil Knieval doll with a motor cycle and ramp(yes,I was a tomboy)

so you found a girl who thinks really deep thoughts. what’s so amazing about really deep thoughts? Tori Amos

The Coleco Mini-Arcade games! I loved those things. Playing Pac-man in a small arcade cabinet with those little joysticks, controlling a < eat all the … I could easily get 5 million on those things. Sounds cheap to some of you, but I couldn’t get enough of this. Too bad I lost it on a bet.

Is this on sale at ebay as well?

Yes, I checked ebay and they had numerous Coleco mini-arcade games for sale.