Trading Spaces 10/11- Reminder

But if he explains it all the way through, where’s the drama?

I’m not stupid but I am ignorant. I didn’t know there was a “protected list” until someone mentioned it specifically in last week’s thread, or maybe it was the “hated it” show thread.

Does anyone in the area know who that drag queen was? Is she known in the area or just some random guy in a dress the women hired to deliver the drag-o-gram? Either way, I was expecting a little bit better of a read.

Same here: I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT!

It looks like someone urinated all over the wall, and then smeared crap on it. :mad: I can’t believe the way they slobber all over his technique on that show, then when there’s a room with orangepeel texture they bitch about how tacky it is. What’s the differnce? A crappily textured wall is a crappily textured wall. Ugly, ugly, ugly.

I think the toille joke would’ve been funnier if they’d made a really nice throw with toille on the back and not shown the toille. Later that day when the homeowners were sitting down with a stiff drink saying “thank god that’s over!” then: “AAAAH! TOILLE!!!”

That’s also a problem with digital cable. You can only record the channel you’re watching. I don’t have as many channels with my analog cable, but I’m sticking to it since the only tv watching I do is from shows I’ve taped.

Oh, sorry. My mistake. I thought pretty much everyone knew that if the HOs protected something, then the designers coudn’t touch it. Like with Crying Pam and her fugly pink fireplace. It was “protected” so Doug going on and on (and on ad finitum) about wanting to paint it was just pointless.
It’s not funny, it’s not dramatic; it’s just dumb, IMHO.

:eek: That sucks, too. How can I watch one thing and record something else? WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO ON THURSDAY NIGHTS?!?

We’ve held back on getting digital cable because of the hideously high cost, but now this is just one more reason.

I’ve got a dish with Tivo,m I can record 2 shows on 2 different channels. and with the tivo I can be recording 2 shows while watching a third from the tivo’s memory.

Now that would have been really funny. :smiley:

No, no, no. Rave, not rant. Besides, what’s wrong with urine & poo? They’re organic.

[hijack]
BurnMeUp beat me to it, but I also suggest DirecTV/TiVo. With DirecTV and the special DirecTV/TiVo receiver, you can record 2 different things, on different channels, at the same time. (My savior on Thurs nights.) And, ~hint~ they just dropped the price of the DirecTV/TiVo receiver from $250 to $99.
[/hijack]

About Christie’s wall treatment… Rather than insisting on trying to make it work, why didn’t she take a realistic look and give up the idea? Now the HO’s have to (at least) re-paint.