Trading Spaces 6/29, Or Ivylass Passes the Baton to Bibliocat

:smiley: I can just see that happening.

a bit of insider info. 2 of the designers i work with applied to t.s. one last year, they went with kia, instead of my co worker, big mistake. the other tried out this year. she went to 3 interviews and they called her and said they decided to go with a male instead. i guess they wanted to even up the numbers boys vs girls wise.

my thought is the work that they did was too good for t.s. the only one on the show now that has any backround in interior design or arch is vern. adding another would lessen the disaster drama. the rooms the 2 i know would not be black with yolk furniture, or involve camo. wall border. it seems they are going for drama over real design.

a real shame given the name of the station they are on is the learning channel. the main thing you learn watching t.s. is what not to do.

Well thank God I wasn’t the only one.

Tragedy of Epic Proportions in the Making!!

I know July is supposed to be my month for starting the threads, but I’m going to be out of town Saturday, and won’t be home till late.
If someone else would be kind enough to start the thread for this week, I’ll do the rest of the month.
Thanks!

Whew. Crisis averted.

:wink:

Somebody on the TwoP board likened Doug’s room to the waiting room in Hell; someone else likened it to a dentist’s waiting room. My reaction to these characterizations was to think of it as a dentist’s waiting room in Hell (where the point is to put cavities in, and instead of Muzak—which is bad enough—you get to listen to the amplified shrieks of the current patient).

The other two thoughts that popped into my head were the waiting room in Beetlejuice and the milk bar in A Clockwork Orange.

Jeez, Biblio, I hand you the baton and you promptly drop it on my foot!! :smiley:

Otto, can you pinch-hit for Biblio for this Saturday? If not do we have another volunteer? The only criteria is that you post ASAP after the show ends at 10p on Saturday.