Trauma Center starring Bruce Willis

I just watched this movie on Hulu. Bad movie. Not the worst I have ever seen (and I did watch it to the end, which says something about the pandemic). What is remarkable about the movie is how unwatchable Bruce Willis is in it. I like Bruce and I would not have watched the movie without him. Fairly early in the movie, my wife said that it appears that all the scenes with Bruce were separate from the movie itself. As I started looking for that, it seemed obvious that in every scene where Bruce was interacting with the other principals, it was done with body doubles and you only saw the back of their heads. It looks to me as if someone looked at the completed movie (with someone else in Bruce’s role) and said “You know what this movie needs? Bruce Willis!”, and then actually made it happen! It is a remarkably cynical piece of filmmaking. Has anyone else seen this?

I guess having Steve Guttenberg as “Dr. Jones” wasn’t a big enough draw for them
Apparently Mr. Willis didn’t do the trick either:
From Wiki- " Trauma Center grossed $92,968 from a small theatrical release in worldwide territories".

This gets even better! According to iMDB the movie was shot in 12 days in San Juan, Puerto Rico, an Bruce did all his scenes in two days.

“It’s Die Hard, but in a hospital. Oh, and it sucks.”

How many people does he shoot?

And here I thought, now that Willis is older, he could play a nice, compassionate senior surgeon, a mentor to the younger doctors. Silly me.

Trump really isn’t the star, and he isn’t in that many scenes. He could have switched roles with Guttenberg and it wouldn’t have made much of a difference.

About once a month, my wife and I watch all the new trailers, and recently this one popped up for a new Bruce Willis movie. Willis seems to be sleepwalking in the few scenes in which he appears, or even signaling his disdain for the whole mess. Apologies in advance for inflicting this on you.

From the Guardian: “Willis reprises his role as cheque-cashing frontman in this mind-numbing actioner…”

Why did I watch that? I felt my will to carry on slip a notch. At least until I can erase that trailer from my mind …
[ knocks back three fingers of Finnerty’s Single Malt ]
Ahh… better now.

He is not that great in Death Wish either. Plus it is hard to watch Willis pretend to not know how to shoot a pistol.

Now THAT’S a typo no one expected!

Oopsie!

I’ve been a fan of Bruce since Moonlighting, but he’s been phoning it in for over a decade.

I think he’s reached the point of his career where he’s not enough of a draw to star in big-budget films, but he’s too proud to transition to supporting roles, so does mid- to low-budget crap. It’s sad, because it’s a vicious cycle - the worse his films do, the worse the films he gets offered.

Yeah, it was set in San Juan and no one appears to be Puerto Rican or speaks Spanish with the exception of the rather demented cleaning man that appears to be 30 seconds of rascist stereotype.

I assume it was shot in San Juan for financial reasons and set in San Juan because they couldn’t spring for the B-roll to say it was New York (the way movies are shot in Ontario and set in New York)