Travels with perfume

Okay, this is a really vain and unimportant question.

Has any Doper found a nifty way of travelling with perfume? The bottle that is, I’m percectly able to travel wearing perfume. Not too much, so my fellow plane passengers don’t suffocate.

But I’ve had accidents before with bottles breaking thereby soaking my luggage. Not nice. Ever since I’ve always put a plastic bag around the perfume bottle. This prevents the soaking, but I still wouldn’t like losing all the perfume.

Perhaps this is just one of those things, but I just thought I’d ask in case any of you have had the same problem and have solved it in some nifty way. If not, I’ll deal.

Slip the bottle into the toe of a fairly thick tube sock, then roll the sock up with the perfume in the middle. Now, place in ziplock :slight_smile:

Also, you could just put it in your carry-on luggage, assuming that’s allowed by the airline. Or, if it’s a bottle you can unscrew, you can pour it into a plastic spray bottle, most drugstores sell mini empty ones for travel. Not the most elegant way to spritz on perfume, but at least you won’t end up with shards of glass in your luggage.

I also go with the sock method. Perfume bottle in sock, sock in plastic, whole thing inside the toe of a shoe to keep it from knocking around the suitcase.