Treasure Hunters 7/3

Oooh, harsh! I ended up going to the prom with my best girlfriend at the time, whose own prom was the week before so – and here is the key element – she already had a dress. I mean, my god, my hair was already done, and my mother was not about to let me waste a perfectly good $25 hairdo, you know? We ended up having a great time, and as an added bonus I didn’t have to put out, so there’s always that.

You know: “When life gives you limes, make margaritas” and all that rot.

No, no, Robot Arm. Half a prom means that the other prom-goers witness the fact that you are suddenly date-less.

Jeez, I may have to go back into therapy after this. Can open, worms everywhere.

Oh, and to tie it into Treasure Hunters, the guy was from Boston. Phew! Thought it might look like a thread hijack for a while there.

Wow. That’s exactly what I think about you. (insert little “rockle said I’m funny!” happy dance here)

My prom date was the most annoying guy I knew, but the guy I’d been planning to go with ditched about two weeks before, and this guy’s dad owned a limo company …

Yes, and to tie my story back into “Treasure Hunters” … uh, I got my prom dress at a Filene’s Basement in Boston (Braintree, actually). For $7.24. No kidding. And I ended up marrying a Red Sox fan, who I took to Boston on vacation for his birthday one year, and we visited the cemetery at the Old North Church on one of Dork Tourist Excursions (the Ghosts and Gravestones Tour, which is quite awesome). Good times, good times.

And FWIW, I like you better than I like 50% of my own sisters, so there’s that, too.

I don’t have sisters, but I definitely like you better than my brother.

And I think I might still owe Filene’s money because they were dumb enough to give 20-year-old-me a credit card.

I have to say, it was fun to see places I recognized in Boston–I lived in Chelsea for a while, but in a not-so-converted crack house. We never had treasure hunters come sniffing around unless they were armed and it was the middle of the night.

Oh, and to answer Robot Arm’s question, I heard of the show earlier this year, but I think it was already too late for entering.

Sorry. Here, let me help you pick those up.

And for what it’s worth, I didn’t go to my prom.

I would like to officially apologize to everybody for ever mentioning the prom. :smiley:

I feel sorry for the Air Force team, because they don’t deserve it. The Fogals deserve any crap they get - from anyone, ever, in the course of their lives. They’re crappy people. But from what we saw, the Air Force started out being decent to whoever was near them, and frequently, the people near them had been the Fogals.
The scene at the cemetary was bizarre. “We tried to make you lose and screw you over. And we forced you to pair off with people we hate. Now you should help us instead of the team that we forced you to pair off with. And if you don’t, we’ll screw you over even more because you’re working with the people we hate”
“Huh?”
Sorry, no prom stories.

Wait! You lived in Massachusetts? You too, Draelin? You know, the Boston Dopers are having what’s being called a mini DopeFest (but is, in fact, turning out to be larger than any I have been to or heard of in this area) next week. Just sayin’. Robot Arm and I are both scheduled to make appearances.

We won’t even mention proms at all, I swear! (At least we’d better not!)

Love to, but I moved out of Boston ten years ago. :slight_smile: And I never even make it to the New York Dopefests because I suck a little.

No, sadly … but I visited there several times. And when I took my husband to Fenway Park for his birthday, he told me he married me in anticipation of that moment. Does that count for anything?