Trick or Treating the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Did I ever tell you guys about the time that my father inadvertently took us trick or treating in a Jehovah’s Witness trailer park?

I was about 8 or so, and we lived out in the country. What we did was get in the car and drive to various housing complexes/trailer parks in the area. Basically, all that I remember is that the folks in the Jehovah’s Witness trailer park didn’t have any candy and that a lot of people were being rather rude. It wasn’t until about 6 houses in that someone explained the situation to my father.

I don’t know why, but for some reason I just now realized how secretly funny that was! A community of witnesses having people go door to door promoting a practice that they do not believe in. Ahhhh.

Er, they do believe in going door to door to witness. They don’t however believe in celebrating holidays. Which logically precludes their giving candy to kids on Halloween. :wink:

That was sort of my point. Sort of a turning of the tables. They go around annoying others, but for one shining moment the universe gave them a taste of their own medicine.

Does it? Isn’t it theoretically possible that they’re such nice people that they’d give candy to a kid who knocked on their door any day? No, I don’t believe it either, but it’s certainly logically possible, if not likely :slight_smile: