Troll preference?

Man, the trolls are out in force these days! So which variety do you prefer? There’s the generic troll who is basically your garden-variety impersonal moron – cf. Captain Ed, leader of the S.S. Racist Minnow – or the truly tailored-to-this-board personal troll – cf. Phaedrus, who appears to have (a) either just gone absolutely mental or (b) been absolutely mental all along but only recently truly let slip the dogs of psychosis.

On the one hand the garden-variety trolls are so obvious and can be such a bore . . . racism again? ::Yawn:: On the other hand, the personal trolls are so, well, personal, as in Phaedrus’s persecution complex regarding other posters here. Makes me pine for a nice obvious Sock Puppet to work over like a pinata . . . so uncomplicated, yet strangely satisfying. So what do you guys think? We spend so much time deploring the trolls; what are the qualities of a truly superior troll? No flame; just curious.

Jodi

Fiat Justitia

While I have a hard time chewing through some of his posts, I’d have to say Phaedrus is much more entertaining than the likes of Captain Ed or FORMERAGENT.

Once you’ve read a little of Phaedrus you know no logical argument will have effect.

The other trolls aren’t really here to argue, generally; they just want to stir it up and are usually boring.

Been here about a week or so: Eds and Mikeys are boring.

Phaedrus is something else though. Either he’s very clever and emulating his namesake, and having fun. Or else he’s a wing nut. I read 6 pages of flat earth thread before I couldn’t take it any more. That and other things (other things mostly,) caused me to wish to be a little more anonymous.

Often wrong… NEVER in doubt

The Sock Puppet Racists can be fun. But it does get boring after a while. Small barrel, lots of fish, plenty of ammo.

Where’s loverock? Now that was a troll!

A seminar on time travel will be held two weeks ago.

The Sock Puppet Racists can be fun. But it does get boring after a while. Small barrel, lots of fish, plenty of ammo.

Where’s loverock? Now that was a troll!

A seminar on time travel will be held two weeks ago.

I suppose

is not an option?

• A rose by any other name would still have thorns -

As is doubtless obvious by now, I have a special place in my heart for the long-term, “I think I actually know something” variety. As Wally points out (twice!), anyone can shoot fish in a barrel. A good long day out on the water, slowly reeling in the big catch, is so much more satisfying.
I’m going to have fun spending my Phaedybucks for as long as he stays.

Livin’ on Tums, Vitamin E and Rogaine

I love you too.

The IQ of a group is equal to the IQ of the dumbest member divided by the number of people in the group.

I prefer the nutcases to the racists.

The racists are just so psychically draining – we delude ourselves (well, I do anyway) thinking that progress is being made and people are becoming less ignorant – then Captain Ed and his bunch (or his other selves) show up and you just feel like this society will never get it right.

Gimme a nut any day. (But make him one that can construct a coherent thought once in awhile.)

Apparently this month is the Season of the Multiple User ID Disorder Afflicted Poster.

I refer, of course, to A. Larson, aka Tom Dark, of the 360 Degree circle/360 Day Calendar thread. Also, of course, to the Fake Boy Scout Named Mikey, aka Gigoloman, aka FormerAgent of the You Be the Judge thread.

It’s one thing to troll, but another to actually believe your own trollings, you MUIDDAP guys!

For some reason, I cannot join in the praise of the insane trolls. Actually, it’s not so much the insanity; my most-hated variety of troll is the kind that post outrageously offensive accusations without evidence, like Gigoloman accusing David of being a dishonorable liar and Pheady accusing me of every sin since the Original one (and if he could find a way–oops, I mean, if he could find Proof-Valid-In-A-Court-Of-Law-That-I-Simply-Cannot-Reveal-Right-Now-But-When-I-Do-You’ll-See-How-Smart-I-Am—he’d pin that one on me too). Then there’s the Death Threat Trolls, too, another nasty variety. Simple insanity and racist stupidity do not bother me as much as the recent slew of death threats and ranting accusations that are being spewed by various trolls and their sock puppets.

Good Lord, Monty, I checked out the 360 degree thread since you mentioned it. Everyone on that thread has my sympathies. Not only is Tom Dark an incredibly wordy jackass, but his sock puppet yaps just as much as he does! It took five minutes for each page to load; they must be a couple hundred K apiece.

For some reason, this phrase struck me as incredibly funny, and I’ve spent the last ten minutes l;oking at it, reading it silently, and then laughing at it.

You have to admit – divorced of context, it’s just a funny thing to say.

Thanks, Gaudere!

• Rick

I have come, not to praise Phaedrus, but to bury him!

I’m with Bricker on that one. Jesus, I’m still laughing. Gaudere, you should copyright that phrase.

In your honor, a shot of tequila and this:

“For some reason, I cannot join in the praise of the insane trolls.”