Trolls R Us Resurrections

And now MV’s spinning up the old FQ Sandy Hook CT thread with his patented blend of jaqing around and eye-crampingly incompetent writing.

Are we sure he’s not someone’s trock?

Another one for the useless poster ban. There’s no way MV is posting in good faith, resurrecting a 7-years-dead thread to just ask moronic questions he could have found answers to with a 10 second Google search.

December 21, 2012:

I don’t even understand what his point is supposed to be. You could probably look at any historical event and find contradictory wording, but that doesn’t mean anything about the truthfulness of the event and it’s not hard to figure out what is accurate and what is not.

It’s either that or he’s just genuinely clueless about western funerary practices.

Oh, come on. Why do you think he’s trying to make a point? The poor guy is just asking questions!

Saw this earlier. Based on his posts there, I’m comfortable concluding MV is 100% a troll. I was suspicious before but this clinched it.

It’s basically the same idiot credulity affected by Jim_B, but cloaked in a more energetic and aggressive, and less affably dopey, persona.

Of course he is.

In other news, the inside of my monitor has acquired a smelly sticky substance, for some arcane reason…

Our paid Russian member is again posting straight up Russian propaganda. Is someone posting absolute propaganda a troll? What do we do to get someone booted for pushing Putin’s news?

May be is what you say not true. May be that comrade Kedikat get pay no rubles for post, but work for free as volunteer for benefit glorious Russian Federation, nyet? За нашу дружбу!

In Soviet Russia, Kedikat speak perfect English.

I thought in new Russia, he JAQK.

(Just Asking Questions, Komrade)

In all seriousness, i don’t think he’s a paid Russian troll. I think he’s just a fan of Russia.

I think we had a paid Russian troll on an actuarial board i used to moderate. And while he was pro-Russia, mostly he attempted to sow discord on domestic topics. For instance, when there was a controversial interaction between the two major US actuarial societies, he asked questions like, “don’t you think that guy looks like he’s being forced to say that?” and contributed outright lies that seemed designed to push people apart.

The actuarial world is small, and i was personally acquainted with the guy who “looked forced”. He wasn’t. I disagree with his position at the time, but he was honestly doing what he thought best. And creating additional conflict was clearly in no one’s interest, except perhaps Russia, which was trying to sow civil distrust in the US.

He did the same “just asking questions” on other topics, as well.

I admit, i haven’t read much of kedikat’s work. But what i have read seems much less destructive than the other guy.

A primitive troll fights you. A more advanced troll gets you to fight each other.

Not bad. But his sentences are shorter. Who is to say what the truth is? He spends six hours a day parsing it out. Could Germany and U.S. have sabotaged the pipeline? In the end, a YouTube video explains everything.

Causing a fight among others was a goal of the ur-troll group alt.syntax.tactical (I think that was their usenet group name, anyway).

Ah, there’s a newsgroup name that flits upon the memory.

Yes, before 4chan, there was a.s.t. But in that more innocent age, it was all recreational trollage, not weaponized like you have to worry about now.

Here, approaching the figurative end of days, you have to wonder about that distinction for every putative troll you encounter. Sad, really.

Is the US to blame for Russia’s invasion of Ukraine?

I gotta say, WhatExit is very accommodating of the obvious troll WellHelloThere.

People from Jersey, sheesh! (And a shout out to my hometown of Camden which I thankfully haven’t seen in 50+ years.)

Where’s my Anti-Tankie rocket when I need it…

Said poster does seem to buy into the ‘Look what you made me do!’ argument found on several pro-Russia or right leaning Russian apologist sites. I’d be making a crack about abusive husbands asking for help after their ex-wife takes a self defense class or considers buying a gun, but I’ve been beaten to it in the thread, since it’s a pretty obvious example.

Although TBH, they’re really pushing a narrative that somehow, despite all evidence, the US somehow ‘made’ this all happen without ever providing any reasonable mechanism as to HOW. So, yeah, I am pretty damn sure it’s not an actual Tankie or Russian supporter, but full on troll.

Of course it is. It’s one of the repeats.

When the troll actually makes you angry and is opposed to you, it can be harder to tell on your own if they’re trolling or it’s just you. I’d rather have mods who were a bit slow to pull the trigger than the reverse in this sort of situation.