Trolls R Us Resurrections

20+ years of posting, somewhere north of 20,000 posts, and y’all are bent out of shape by a handful.

I’m ok with getting a few dozen wrong out of 20,000.

YMMV.

To be fair, you were repeatedly asking questions that had been thoroughly answered previously in the thread. It did kind of look like you were doing it on purpose.

The loop I often find myself sucked in to is I make a post and person A, B and C respond to it so I respond to person A, B and C on the same topic. Then they respond to me. And the cycle continues.

So you’re posting on automatic, and can’t stop to think that multiple parallel discussions in one topic end up repeating information unnecessarily. You don’t know how to multi-quote to answer them all in one post. I see.

It’s like hockey; The first guy who slashes you across the ankles trying to injure you gets away with it, but you get two minutes for shoving him.

Why in the world would you reply to someone and not read their reply before commenting the same thing to someone else? Heck, why would you assume that you need to ask the same question again when everyone can see your reply?

And why would you ask for a factual answer to a question, and then argue with the answer given?

Here’s a test: will you notice this post before you finish the one you are currently typing? Or at least notice it during the edit period?

Kinda shocking how bent-out-of-shape you are over that thread.

Living rent free in your head makes it all worth it.

Because, if you respond to me I want to respond back to you. Maybe there is a nuance in your question. Or not…but if you replied to me I want to answer you. Not someone else.

In my mind it is not 10 people asking me if 2+2=4. It is individuals asking me and I feel I should answer each person.

Is it ideal on the SDMB? Apparently not. But that’s how I see it and respond to it. Pile on all you like, that’s just how it works for me. Call me dumb all you like.

For the record, I read through the thread, and found your replies . . . jerkish, but south of trolling. The comments above, that reads 100% troll. Think about what you’re ‘saying’. You aren’t coming out as the hero of the piece.

This is more of a case of you asking if 2+2=4, ten people responding that it is, then you saying ten times that it isn’t.

What made you think that was my goal?

Since it wasn’t to find a factual answer to the question, what the fuck was your goal?

The OP was always in my mind. We got sidetracked and I admit I ran down that road. Note it was not only me. I’m sure you will call me the Pied Piper who led everyone else astray because they couldn’t help themselves out of my mystical sway.

And I am pretty sure I won’t.
Nice ego you’ve got there.

Well…everyone thinks I should have stopped but, did they stop? (nope)

The OP was answered, but it wasn’t the answer you wanted, so you started to debate…and not very well.

I wasn’t debating with myself. Others participated.

Dipshit’s gonna disphit.

Hey, fuckwad-Do you remember what forum you posted that question in? The others weren’t debating you, they were giving factually correct answers in a forum for that purpose. (changed “OP” to “question”)

Pot meet kettle.

Check who wrote the OP. (Hint: It was not me)

EDIT: Note @Czarcasm changed his post after this post to make it not stupid.