Trolls R Us Resurrections

Just to be clear, are you admitting to being a troll and/or a villain? I know this is the pit, but you seem to be (as you did in the prior thread) trying to pick a fight. A lot of these actions seem really, really similar to other posters who have decided they’ve had enough and flame out. If this is the case, then why not walk away into the sunset with your dignity intact?

Again, if you just want to pick a fight for funzies though, it’s not exactly unknown, but is still damn trollish, which to any normal human, is to be avoided.

Far from it.

I am just tired of dickheads pouncing on one thread. I have hundreds of posts, thousands in fact, that are good, solid posts. Is anyone here talking about those? Or, are they on about the one series (I’m sure you can find others) that bugged them and then painting me with that brush?

Good posts do not excuse bad ones but the point is you are all here throwing punches for what? A thread about diplomat’s kids? That’s what’s got your panty’s in a twist?

So yeah, I’m pushing back. You’ll note (if you want to look) I almost never engage in these pile ons. They are unseemly and bad form and, I don’t think, healthy for this message board. But you and others here will spend the better part of their evening trying to get your pound of flesh.

QFT. Not sure why you feel like the rest of that post changes things.

None of that justifies what I asked. I asked why you would keep asking a question when someone had already told you the answer. Having separate conversations does not justify continuing to ask a question you’ve already received the factual answer to. It doesn’t justify saying the 14th Amendment only talks about natural birth when several other posters had pointed out the other part about being in the jurisdiction. They’d literally quoted the other part to you, and you acted like you didn’t know about it. Posters had cites you ignored.

You were either playing dumb in that thread, or you were refusing to read the answers to the questions you directly asked. Either one is undesirable behavior not only on this board, but also any real life conversation.

Is that your goal, public recognition of your contributions here? We all have good posts that go unremarked, at least publicly. Maybe your “good, solid posts” have struck many folks who didn’t say so to you. That’s something you have to either live with, or go do something else somewhere else.

And you should expect to be recognized negatively when you jerk up a thread. Nobody likes that, except maybe the person doing it.

In other words. grow up.

Here’s the thing. The vast majority of posters on this board are able to post thousands of posts without sealioning or otherwise looking like they are trolling people. I get that you’ve posted 20,000 times, I’ve posted about half of that. Lots of people have made a lot of posts. But most people are able to get by without posting in a jerkish way like you have done on multiple occasions.

Nobody’s perfect. People slip up. I’ve had a few modnotes over the years, I’ve posted things I should’ve. But you have a habit, a noticeable one. That’s the reason for the pile-on here.

I don’t think people are looking to “cancel” you or anything. But they’ve taken exception to the way you’ve posted. If you don’t do it anymore over your next 20,000 posts, maybe people will even forget it.

I’ve had posters here who were aggressively offensive, to the point where I put them on ignore to keep me from posting something I’d regret in response. And they later apologized and stopped it. I took them off ignore. It can happen.

Honestly, there are a few posters on this board that I despise. You, personally, are barely on my radar. I think that one interaction referenced here was probably the only time I remember being ticked off at you, and it was over a year ago. I don’t think you’re a net negative or anything. But I can understand folks being upset with what happened in the diplomat thread.

For what it’s worth, as I read it the first thing that popped out at me was the post that ultimately drew a warning for the person who insulted you. That seemed the most egregious thing anyone did, not your posts.

But your posts sure weren’t great either. Nobody likes when someone asks for answers to questions in FQ, gets those answers, gets cites for the answers, then asks them again as if they don’t care what the answers were. That really gets under people’s skin.

I’m honestly not wanting to pile on to the complaints against you. Consider my comment here separate, just me to you, absent what anyone else said. If you care.

Really? All I have said is that your actions in the cited thread were jerkish, but shy of trollish. And that your responses here, while trollish, were not out of lines for the pit. Sorry for trying to point out that you were doing yourself no favors, but hey, I know a pile on can make you feel defensive.

Personally, I can’t be bothered to give you any ‘head-space’, and was if anything, giving you a chance to self-reflect on how you were setting yourself up, but nil perspiration. :man_shrugging:

That was the second thread that I noticed you doing that bullshit, and I don’t spend that much time in FQ. It was the same shtick – you asked some question, people gave you the answer, you didn’t like it and asked again, you got the same fucking answer, and so on and so on. When you were backed into the right answer, rather than accepting it, you changed your angle and went on and on.

Kinda shocking that someone with 20,000 posts still doesn’t know how the FQ forum works.

Nobody remembers that nice kid they only had a couple classes with.

Everybody remembers that noxious fart he cut during finals.

It. :clap: Was. :clap: An. :clap: Accident! :clap:

You fuck ONE sheep!

(Just ask @Hal_Briston)

Probably too long for a username, which is very sad.

Nobody talks about all the thousands of sheep I didn’t fuck!

And he’s still going at it. I guess 20,000 posts buys you a long leash.

Hell, what I’ve learned from WaM is when somebody catches you in the middle of fucking a sheep, you should stare them in the eye and carry on.

Yeah, it’s pretty amazing how many outright trolls and jerks have been allowed to spew their garbage on this board for so long, yet I make a tame joke and I get slapped, not the poster who admitted to trolling.

I’d have flagged you if I was reading that thread at the time. If you see your post as a “tame joke” you clearly don’t understand your warning.

A “joke” that comments on a person’s behavior in the moment in an insulting way in FQ can and should get you sanctioned every time. Especially with the follow-up you have to drive it home, making it clear you didn’t mean it in a light-hearted way. Frankly your spin here is bullshit and I’m glad you were called out for it by a mod.

Well, however it was taken, I like you as a poster, so try and be more careful in FQ going forward!

Only thousands?

Resistance to temptation has its limits.