Trump is the Antichrist to some people, and it's okay with them

What if the enemy doesn’t submit?

I do wonder if that NYT reporter was reading way too much into the open Bible in Pompeo’s office. Just because Pompeo happened to have the book open at Esther doesn’t mean Esther and Iran and Trump, Soleimani, etc. were connected at all.

He attends an Evangelical Presbyterian Church.

So all those things I’ve heard which imply that the antichrist is a single, specific person aren’t in the bible after all, then.

Peter warned me about this situation:

As I see it yes. The last hour is for a group of people, not everyone, but every group of people will have a last hour. For God who is beyond time, it is one instance, for us in time it has happened and will happen.

Relate it to:

This would have to be true, and I believe we can see this happening in the following as Stephen was being stoned, he did not taste death and saw the kingdom of God coming with power, while Stephen was not present when Jesus said that, the pattern is there that this happens on a ongoing basis (the first case in recorded in Genesis with Enoch):

So back to the end times, I believe there is a end times for a person or group of people (I have had dreams of those in Hitler’s concentrations camps being ‘raptured’ many did not die at the hand of Hitler, as God took them before that.). It appears we may be at another end time. If so is Trump The Beast ? Not exactly, the Beast has been many things, from Trump to Hitler to Genghis Khan to others, but each may be an antichrist and once you realize ‘the’ antichrist (of your time) you also see the other antichrists thus the Beast. That is the last hour.

Eastminster Presbyterian Church in Wichita KS is not what most people would think of when you say evangelical. If you use that line of thought, all christians are evangelical.

I think that’s a very good question.

In this particular case, I think it continues to escalate. Trump has to win this war – he has to. He has no choice. If given the chance, he will keep fucking shit up until Iran is lifeless. Because he has to. If he loses, he’s out of office, his boot lickers get sent home too. And he could very well go to jail. So, he has to win. At any cost.

But there’s a lot of pain that can be inflicted in return. Iran is also fighting for its survival. They will scratch. They will claw. They will bite. They will kick us in the balls.

No matter what, Iran has more to lose. The worst thing that could possibly happen to Trump is that he loses the election or gets removed from office. The U.S. will just plod on with a new administration. Its economy, military, everything is vastly larger than Iran’s.

Iran on the other hand is already facing major economic contraction and its leaders would be in serious trouble - maybe life-threatening trouble - if they are perceived as weak on this.

Well, some Christian theological writings write about the difference between lowercase a and uppercase A’s; that there are many antichrists (false teachers?) who will go about in the world, but that there also is one specific particular individual, who is THE Antichrist. That guy will be an uber-dictator type of person for a while.

And faces criminal prosecution and the loss of his criminal enterprise. That’s why he “jokes” about a third term.

The US is becoming an oligarchy with fewer and fewer people having disproportionate input over decisions that impact that “national” interest. Whoever is making the decisions has disproportionate influence, and risk getting blamed for disproportionate consequences of failure. I would not simply assume that the power brokers in the US will simply ‘plod on.’

They’ve been facing contraction for some time now. What they’re up against now in 2020 is a threat to the regime and the country itself.

I definitely remember this book; interesting that it’s sold out. Never read it, either.

I think if there ever was any doubt that we are in decline, recent events have put it to rest. The religious fanatics and oligarchs of America are picking a war with Iran and we’re just going to let it happen; in fact, there is no real mechanism for preventing it from happening. He has been impeached but his party and his base simply do not care, you can’t really maintain a republic when 42% of the people in it do not value rule of law and democracy. Where I think the oligarchs have miscalculated is in their belief that they can control Trump, he’s an idiot and his government is surrounded by members of a doomsday cult who want to hasten the end of the world.

Just dropping in to let y’all know that I’ve been busy with life things and will answer some questions when I can.

How did the tweeting and golf things go?

I don’t think Trump is the antichrist because the antichrist is fucking made up, even within fricking Christian tradition. The Bible talks about antichrists, i.e. people trying to suppress the faith, or simply do not believe. As in Roman officials.
They been dead, in case you haven’t been keeping up with events.

Yeah, long damn hour, innit ?

Out of all of that, I’m most intrigued by the choice of a Swiss Army Knife as a bookmark.

What a strange choice.

Assuming he didn’t jab the blade into the pages, a closed swiss army knife has a pretty smooth surface and an awkward shape. It’s very likely to slide out of a book. Did he have NOTHING in his office that would have worked better?

Did he intentionally choose a weird bookmark so the reporter would notice and mention it?

Who knew bookmarks could be so complicated?

Well in all fairness the horcruxes were under that one wobbly leg of his desk, propping open a window, and holding down that stack of declarations of war he’s been meaning to get to.

I’m afraid you’ve mistaken me for another old, fat, crazy guy. I neither tweet nor golf.

All of my research is in my other tablet, which is rebellious at the moment.