Trump is the Antichrist to some people, and it's okay with them

Do you have a better cite for this? Specifically that Pompeo had the Iranian terrorist general whacked because of a passage in the book of Esther.

Which passage, and where did Pompeo mention his fixation on it?

Also that Pompeo’s hostility to Iran is motivated by his religion, rather than by Iran’s killing Americans, being the leading state sponsor of terrorism, chanting “death to America”, etc.

I am reluctant to take the word of a New York Times reporter based on his allegedly seeing a Swiss Army knife in a Bible.

Also some quotes for this. Who are these Pre-millenialists, and where have they stated that Trump is the anti-Christ and that they are OK with it?

TIA.

Regards,
Shodan

1 John 2:18:

Besides being the first recorded instance of Endtimes Fail :D, John implies that while there may be just one ‘the’ Antichrist, there are many ‘an’ Antichrists. Cantaloupe Caligula might be just one of many Antichrists. :wink:

most accurate post so far

And why did the Father reveal to Noah?

Want to make the same claim about Pence and Pompeo?

Trump isn’t the Antichrist because there is no such thing. It’s a ridiculous fairy tale.

The problem as described in the OP is not whether or not he’s the Antichrist, it’s that superstitious maniacs like Mike Pompeo think he is.

Keep in mind, though, the AntiChrist only needs to be smart and competent enough to fool evangelicals. Trump has pulled that off without even breaking a sweat.

Do you have a cite that Mike Pompeo thinks that Trump is the anti-Christ?

Regards,
Shodan

No fooling. The only way to believe is to have no sense of perspective at all. There have been so many predictions of the end of the world that I’ve toyed with the idea of a library of the apocalypse. Because up until recently, everyone who wanted their prediction to be taken seriously wrote a book about it. I’ve found lists of such books online. I think if I ever won a big lottery, I’d take a shot at collecting them all. Well, pay someone to take a shot at it.

Until then, Wikipedia has a list of predictions. My favorite on the list is Cotton Mather, mostly because he had to reset the date twice and wasn’t afraid to do that.

He died in 1728. I’d like to think that if he’d lived another ten years, he’d have made a fourth prediction.

Christopher Hitchens had some thoughts on the religious desire for Armageddon worth noting, I suggest.

Trump is not the Antichrist.
Neither is he Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, not the Easter Bunny.
He is not a golem nor a djinn.
Because none of these things are real.

Trump is real - one of the finest con-artists the world has ever seen.

You do know that Antichrist is defined in the Bible:

and

Seems like it is very much a thing, and one or two might even see one here in this thread :wink:

The Father revealed things to Pharaoh, Also the Lord revealed things to Paul when he was Saul who persecuted christians. Through Daniel and Daniels request to do so, God also revealed things to Nebuchadnezzar.

Basically it’s up to God if, who and when He reveals things.

I have bad news for you, its all untrue, and there’s no such thing as Skymen, good or bad.

Were just highly evolved monkeys, sitting on an insignificant planet, a planet that we seem to be intent on destroying,

Do you have a cite that Mike Pompeo believes that Trump is the anti-Christ, or that he believes that we are currently in the End Times?

Or that he had the Iranian general whacked because of a Swiss Army knife pointing to the book of Esther, or pretty much anything else claimed in the thread.

Regards,
Shodan

You are mostly asking me for cites for things that I haven’t said.

Read what I’ve posted, figure out what cites might be required, then try again. But damned if I’m going to give you the time of day if you ask me for cites in support of half the posters in this thread.

The problem, you might have noticed, is that that same passage (as I pointed out earlier) says, “even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.”

Was it the ‘last hour’?

At the tone, the time will be half-past the Antichrist. beep

This is how shit get’s distorted and blown out of proportion. I know Mike Pompeo and his wife personally. Have had them in my house for dinner. Mike and Susan are Christians (along with 70% of the rest of the country), but I in no way would characterize them as evangelical christians as described by the NYT. :rolleyes:

I know I prefer accounts of the Trump administration blown well within proportion, is all I can say.

Mike Pompeo, like John Bolton, aren’t motivated by scripture or thoughts of the anti-Christ; they simply operate on the belief that American national interests can be secured with military force first and diplomatic finesse once the enemy has submitted. I think they fundamentally understand what makes the United States strong and how its ability to form alliances and project power (not just its raw economic and military might) has had a lot to do with what has made it powerful.