Try something else.

“No one said you didn’t try your best. It’s just that your best sucks” - Howard Stern

I’m an INTJ. I’ll see your Plan B and raise you Plans C-Z. :stuck_out_tongue:

Independent thinking is not in my job description.

The definition of sanity is when something doesn’t work, try something else.

And I think we can all agree that sanity is overrated.

That’s what I did when I was in IT. Users have a natural tendency to screw things up in unique and interesting ways. Troubleshooting often became a game of trying different solutions until one of them works.

Obviously, you’re not a software engineer. If Plan A doesn’t work, turn on debugging and try it again.

See also the following classic programming joke:

(Emphasis added)

Speaking with twenty years of programming experience under my belt, if you can’t make a problem happen on cue, then that problem doesn’t exist. What, you think it does? Prove it.

Albert Einstein once described insanity as doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

My friend Rose had a problem with a scoring program for duplicate bridge (written by Sam.)
She asked both myself and a mutual friend Lionel for advice.

Lionel listed a considerable number of things to try.
I suggested (as a former programmer) that Rose contact Sam.

After trying every single suggestion of Lionel (none of which helped), Rose contacted Sam.

“The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can’t always depend on their accuracy” -Abraham Lincoln

Nobody fails. They just give up before they succeed. –Somebody famous may have said something like this

Edison tried hundreds, maybe thousands, of materials for the light bulb filament before he hit on carbonized cotton thread. When a reporter asked, “How did it feel to fail 1,000 times?” Edison replied, “I didn’t fail 1,000 times. I found 1,000 things that don’t work.” –This and similar versions widely attributed to Edison though there appears to be no authoritative source