Turkey Chili

Turkey in October you say? Well, last Monday was Thanksgiving in Canada. Thankfully it only lasts one day and there’s no shopping involved.

So, I just chopped up all my leftover turkey and am making a chili with it. I’ve put in my usual red and green peppers, mushrooms, red onion, celery, blah blah blah.

I’m going out on a limb now and adding asparagus and a half can of whole cranberries. I have no idea how this will turn out but I’m looking forward to the sweet cranberries mixed with savory vegetables and hot pepper spices.

Why are you calling it chili??
Hey, just having fun. I hope it turns out well!

:smiley:

It’s coming along fine. I have no beer to go with it, so I must pop out now for the required side dish.

I would add a whole can of half cranberries instead, but that is just me.

Listen, there’s already an eternal war going on whether or not beans belong in chili. Let’s not make things worse by adding cranberries into the mix… Okay?

I would go with turkey stew. Nothing wrong with a nice big ol’ pot o’stew. I make a dutch oven full of stews of all kinds every couple weeks. Just cause I put cumin in 'em doesn’t make 'em chili.

Sounds like it will be good. Good stew.

This remind of my dad when he was drunk and taking all the leftover food and putting it in the blender ! His youngest brother came over and asked dad what he was making , dad said " soup! " His brother kept saying “It was not going to work!” Dad got fed up and said to his brother “Is that a new hat, let me see your new hat !” Dad take the new hat and dumped the green slop into it ! LOL! Dad felt better but I can’t say the same for his brother.

It’s got turkey. It’s already not chili.

:smiley:

Regardless of the name, I’m curious to hear how it comes out.

Well, I went out and got my accompaniments. I’m sipping on one now. I put the whole darned can of cranberries in. I added (along with the usual chili spices) three hot peppers from my friend’s garden.

It’s coming along just fine. I need a couple more accompaniments before the real test. :stuck_out_tongue:

I actually meant the chili, but I’m happy the side dish is working out, too! :slight_smile:

You keep using that word, “chili.”

I do not think it means what you think it means.

Sounds like a lovely stew. :slight_smile: