Turn on Signature Automatically?

Is there a way to turn on my signature automatically? That is, can the

Show Signature: include your profile signature. Only registered users may have signatures.

checkbox be turned on by default? (I keep forgetting to include my sig.)

I think it has been disabled by the admins; I believe I am right in saying that it is considered something between unneccessary and bad form to include your signature more than once per thread/page.

I would submit that the “Use ‘Email Notification’ by default?” checkbox takes up a lot more resources than an equivalent “Include signature by default?” checkbox would.

On a similar note: I use the User CP button to keep track of the threads I am participating in. By default, it always shows me the threads for the past day, even though I would rather have it show me the threads for the past 5 days. Is this possible?

Remembered my sig this time :slight_smile:

This is probably true, but the difference is, of course, that email notification is useful and productive, and signatures are not. :wink:

And (correct me if I’m wrong) I don’t think anybody posting regularly would find the email thing very convenient; constantly getting an inbox full of update messages.