TV shows and films not available on VHS or DVD

The Young Riders

Doctor, Doctor.

It’s hilarious.

I read they are going to release this on DVD. The producers of the show are going through each episode to replace some of the copyrighted music which they can’t get the rights to with acceptable soundalikes.

The entire series will be released as a boxed set which can be ordered from Time-Life. After that, Time-Life will be doing individual mail-order seasons, which will eventually be able to be bought in stores.

Buena Vista is currently working on the second season, which should be released sometime in 2007. They’re currently doing a vote for what the cover should be on the Muppets’s official website (three different photographs of Miss Piggy).

The DVD set features an inset in which the Tick tells his fans to be on the lookout for “season aye aye” (“Uh, Tick, I think that’s a Roman numeral two”), which appears to mean that there are plans. Buena Vista has stated they are looking into seeing whether they will able able to release Season 1’s missing episode on a future set.

The second and third season of Seaquest.

Nice Girls Don’t Explode

L

Larry Sanders, other than the first season. I have all the eps on DVD, but it’s a bootleg and not the best quality.

I’m still waiting (impatiently) for China Beach

There are no acceptable substitutes for Beverly Hills 90210. Not for those who remember every episode. I hate the music industry for this garbage. We’re not stealing. We’re willing to pay rights to the artist. But, asking a fortune for music from 15 years ago?

The Practice, for reasons unknown.

Thanks for that.

I also see that The Man From U.N.C.L.E. may be released eventually. :cool:

When Things Were Rotten, the good Robin Hood show by Mel Brooks. I have WKRP on DVD (**with ** all the original music!), and The Man From U.N.C.L.E./Girl from U.N.C.L.E. will be released eventually. If I could find DVDs of the various incarnations of *Robin of Sherwood * (BBC), I’d be very happy.

Wait, what? What do you mean you have DVDs of WKRP with the original Music?
Please link how to acquire these gems. Please!

Jim {“As God is my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly”}

I’m a huge Eek! the Cat fan, so I keep waiting for the entire series to come out on DVD, but I’ve yet to run into someone other than my wife who’s even heard of this show, much less loved it, so I’m not holding my breath.

Ditto The State. Once every year or so, there’ll be a rumor about how all the episodes will be released, but it never comes to anything. It’s a shame, because at the time, The State had some of the best sketch comedy on the air. Monkey torture for everybody at MTV until I’m watching all the episodes on my DVD player.

But probably the biggest “Why isn’t this on DVD” gap in my life is the uncut version of Masada . For the love of Jehovah, people, it’s only just about the best miniseries ever produced, next to Shogun! Just release the damn thing already!!

I thought I was the only one who knew of this. I remember watching it when it was a kid. I liked it at the time; but I suspect that having grown up, it would be too silly now.

Another vote for Daria and WKRP.

The Steven Banks Show
Anything but Love

Add another vote for Daria.
Also You Can’t Do That on Television and It’s Garry Shandling’s Show

They’re bootlegs, I’m sure. And no offense, but I doubt that all of the music is truly from the original broadcasts. I could be wrong, of course.

Cupid, the short-lived TV series starring Jeremy Piven.

When I was a kid in the 80s, I was a big fan of You Can’t Do That On Television!, a Nickelodeon program imported from Canada. It’s long overdue for DVD release.

The Wonder Years, also delayed for music liscensing I believe.

Season 2 and later of Night Court. They brought out season 1, and I’m waiting…